Craving

kevsta

So just finished work and I’m craving food looked at the packet of Tyrell’s lightly sea salt crisps and I’m thinking 1 won’t hurt and then I look at the carbs 13g ugh so I had a cracker instead

Is there anything anyone can recommend I’m really trying hard not to eat as much carbs and chocolate anymore and I feel like a I’m rattling lol

We are having chicken stir fry later with lots of veg so trying to hold on lol

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
So just finished work and I’m craving food looked at the packet of Tyrell’s lightly sea salt crisps and I’m think 1 won’t hurt and then I look at the carbs 13g ugh so I had a cracker instead

Is there anything anyone can recommend I’m really trying hard not to eat as much carbs and chocolate anymore and I feel like a I’m rattling lol

A slice of cheese? A boiled egg (with salt you're craving)? Kale with olive oil with salt. Coffee with cream. These are my usual snacks.

Reactions: chani111 and kevsta

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Coffee with cream would be my immediate first aid - but I always have cheese, eggs, salad stuff, tins of various fishy things, often cold cooked meat in the fridge as well.
Once you get the hang of it it gets easier, once you sort out a shopping list it resolves a lot of problems.

Reactions: chani111

IrishAyes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Fat bombs. Cheese cubes. Boiled eggs. Crispy bacon spread with herbed cream cheese and Everything But the Bagel seasoning. Olives. Literally ANYTHING but crackers.

Reactions: chani111

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So just finished work and I’m craving food looked at the packet of Tyrell’s lightly sea salt crisps and I’m thinking 1 won’t hurt and then I look at the carbs 13g ugh so I had a cracker instead

Cheese crackers. Just nuke some grated cheese in the microwave (on a baking sheet), put some powdered garlic or other herbs/spices on there and enjoy. ;)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Pork scratchings have the crunch and savoury flavour.. just watch your teeth...

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!

Congrats on resisting. You KNOW you'd have felt bad afterwards for giving in :D There WILL come a time when all those urges go as they now have with me. I do sometimes think that a biscuit would be nice with a cuppa, but then I think of the horrible sweet after taste and it puts me right off x

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to keep a box in the fridge. It contained olives, walnuts, cheeses. After about 4 weeks I didn't need it any more.

Reactions: IrishAyes

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I still get a non-specific raving for a snack even though I'm not actually hungry.
I usually eat cheese or (low carb) nuts at such a time, anything that is relatively 'safe' in that it won't spike my BG even if ultimately it may add to my weight.

OB87

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know they aren't the healthiest but they are lower carb than crisps but when I fancy salty crisps I have some salted peanuts and it sorts out the craving.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I put pepperoni slices in the air fryer and bake them. When crisp, I leave them to cool and then dip them in melted cheese or Greek yogurt and garlic. So good!

Reactions: IrishAyes

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Salami. Ham. Cheese. Olives. Coffee with cream. Almonds. Hazelnuts. All work for me instead of the pre 2019 crisps, bananas or toast,

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.

Hi I have quavers and Pom bear and skips and my bloods are ok I also have kp salt and vinegar nuts and pork scratchings there is a protein bar in Tesco and Sainsbury’s fibre one protein bar they and 4.4 carbs there is 2 flavours and I have cheese straws from Tesco or Asda there 4 carbs with cheese or chicken legs have you heard of skinny chocolate spread you can get it on line I have that on a slice of low carb bread it works out 4 carbs

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

KidDougi

Congrats on resisting. You KNOW you'd have felt bad afterwards for giving in :D There WILL come a time when all those urges go as they now have with me. I do sometimes think that a biscuit would be nice with a cuppa, but then I think of the horrible sweet after taste and it puts me right off x

I’m not the only one!!!
I’ve been on low carbs for some time now, but on the couple of occasions I surrendered to one of my wife’s cupcakes. The cupcake was really nice but the prolonged sweet after taste was awful. Not worth it!!

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I have quavers and Pom bear and skips and my bloods are ok I also have kp salt and vinegar nuts and pork scratchings there is a protein bar in Tesco and Sainsbury’s fibre one protein bar they and 4.4 carbs there is 2 flavours and I have cheese straws from Tesco or Asda there 4 carbs with cheese or chicken legs have you heard of skinny chocolate spread you can get it on line I have that on a slice of low carb bread it works out 4 carbs
What sort of low carb bread do you use please I can't find anything so low ?
Carol

Reactions: Jayne1983

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
What sort of low carb bread do you use please I can't find anything so low ?
Carol
Seriously low carb they do buns to and tea cakes just google seriously low carb

IrishAyes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m not the only one!!!
I’ve been on low carbs for some time now, but on the couple of occasions I surrendered to one of my wife’s cupcakes. The cupcake was really nice but the prolonged sweet after taste was awful. Not worth it!!
I have discovered after eating strict keto for 4+ years, the memory of the food or the smell of the foods I'm craving is 100% more satisfying than the taste of it. I now find foods that I used to eat all the time are simply WAY tio sweet

Reactions: KidDougi