What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
7.1 this morning don't ask me why I have no idea unless it's because I took my preds late in the day yesterday.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 on Swipey and just over 74 kgs on the scales (I'm approx 6ft tall). No Elsie, those simply don't cut it babe. Welcome @Arizona. Great news @BrianDoc; top stuff @DEBBIESCOTT. @JohnEGreen hugs. @DJC3 lovely fbg but missing meals?? I've a flu jab and homecoming wife to deal with today. I'm completely certain one of those is entirely in my best interests:angelic:

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs thanks for the hug it's big D you just never quite know what it will do next.

Just thought on this the 62nd aniversary of Blue Peter program we all deserve a badge.

Bluer peter.jpg

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, well. Forgot to take Metformin yesterday. Had covid jab. Feel like I have been put through the wringer, with what seems to be a bit of an allergic reaction, yet Whoopee for me, with a 5.2 , best fasting number in ages, and all other obs, (BP, oxygen sats, peak flow breathing, and lateral flow test neg) all in perfect range.
Confused , but not complaining.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs no real intention to miss dinner but I got home later than expected and couldn’t be bothered with meal prep, was ravenous by bedtime but way too late to eat by then. Happy with fbg but it’s unlikely to be a common occurrence.
Hope both of your days events turn out to be in your best interests.
@JohnEGreen hope you are ok now - I’ve always coveted a Blue Peter badge!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, well. Forgot to take Metformin yesterday. Had covid jab. Feel like I have been put through the wringer, with what seems to be a bit of an allergic reaction, yet Whoopee for me, with a 5.2 , best fasting number in ages, and all other obs, (BP, oxygen sats, peak flow breathing, and lateral flow test neg) all in perfect range.
Confused , but not complaining.

Brilliant! Almost worth feeling a bit wrung out for.

Reactions: LeftPeg

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning, and that was after a handful of Thornton's chocolates last night (albeit a pretty low carb day overall). No idea what the take away from that is but if that is the cross I have to bear for good levels, so be it