What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb clearly Em realises that you are a very special grandma - a big compliment for you and much deserved
Breakfast one slice of bacon and LC toast with one fried egg
Lunch Greek yoghurt with a few berries
Mid pm Lowcarb millionaire shortbread
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and glass of dry white wine followed by LC brownie
Won’t be reporting next few days as up at mums for a caring visit - hope to be back reporting what I eat Tuesday.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tummy still not right today so fasted until 3pm when I caved in to half of hubbys scone at the the garden centre cafe

6pm a small portion of sprouts fried with bacon and garlic on a base of broccoli rice.
Might not be the best option, only time will tell :meh: (I have no idea what these emojis are!!) :woot:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast today was smoked salmon, cream cheese and a h/b egg. Lots of coffee
Lunch was a bacon, Brie and walnut salad with about 1/4 of an avocado - the rest was brown and horrid. One of the free DGF chocolate fudge brownies to follow.
Went to the beach with Dennis and daughter with her paddle board. Got home too late to start cooking so will take the opportunity to fast until tomorrow lunchtime if I can.
Hope all is well at your mum’s @shelley262 have a safe journey.
@MrsA2 I can’t see the emojis at all as I use the app. Yours say ‘meh’ ( the first one) and ‘woot’ ( the second one) I’ve often wondered what they actually look like!

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
6pm a small portion of sprouts fried with bacon and garlic on a base of broccoli rice.
Might not be the best option, only time will tell :meh: (I have no idea what these emojis are!!) :woot:
I hope your tummy agrees, but it sounds like a delicious meal anyway so that's a win!
@MrsA2 I can’t see the emojis at all as I use the app. Yours say ‘meh’ ( the first one) and ‘woot’ ( the second one) I’ve often wondered what they actually look like!
There you go!

upload_2021-10-15_20-52-34.png

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Plan was the other half of yesterdays cheesy omelet. We'll see.

Looks like I've overdosed my cat on his new medication, Atenolol (followed orders but it looks like the orders weren't right). Cat is not feeling well so I'm watching him like a hawk now. Looks like he hasn't gotten worse in the last two hours so hopefully we'll be spared a nightly trip to the vet or worse.

It's stressful enough to not feel like eating, maybe later.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Phd Smart bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: salmon and cream cheese sandwiches made with low carb bread with coleslaw followed by DGF raspberry and coconut bar and cream. I bought these DGF bars just before I had Covid and by the time I got to try this particular one I had lost my sense of taste! Just found them at the back of the freezer, mmm a new DGF favourite :happy:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was a miss as I was getting discharged early (9:00) at the hosppital.
Bacon and eggs, mushrooms, toast and vegimite at home.
Sand crab and salad low carb wraps for lunch.
Pork chops and green veggies and gravy for dinner.

Good to be home again.

Edit: I had a typo in the word crab, I put a p at the end instead of b so it was censored **** :D

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was a miss as I was getting discharged early (9:00) at the hosppital.
Bacon and eggs, mushrooms, toast and vegimite at home.
Sand crab and salad low carb wraps for lunch.
Pork chops and green veggies and gravy for dinner.

Good to be home again.

Edit: I had a typo in the word crab, I put a p at the end instead of b so it was censored **** :D

Glad you got home, and thanks for the laugh over your crustacean.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you got home @Riva_Roxaban, Never had sand crabs, or any crab come to that (it's just my thing about crustaceans) but I hope you enjoyed it after missing your breakfast.

Had an abnormally fierce reaction to my 3rd covid jab - a morning with high temperature, sore arm, tired and just generally unwell and unwilling to get moving. Finally got over it about 2 pm and decided to make some chicken soup with yesterday's stock - actually chicken and leek soup. Didn't taste quite right, so I added quite a lot of cream. That was a definite improvement, but I still couldn't finish the whole bowl. Just left with a sore arm now - not as bad as Neil's, of course and it will go away pretty rapidly. But it was a surprise for me to react at all.

I'll keep the food fairly light for the rest of the day, but will probably need to have something. Maybe some berries with yoghurt.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast Grain free nut granola, tea with milk
Mid morning coffee with milk, one chocolate biscuit
Lunch, 2 crispbreads with ham,lettuce cucumber and radish, cup of tea.
Out looking at cars in the afternoon, long hot drive, AC does not work in our current car. We have found one that seems suitable, will be a challenge for me though as it has manual gearbox. If all goes well will be delivered on Tuesday. To our great relief.
Dinner, made cheesy chilli courgette mash, can see this is going to be a favourite. Carrots, cabbage, and pork schnitzel. Had a celebratory glass of fizz and a pear and almond tartlette.
Much Later got the munchies, had cheese ,ham and some choc biscuits.
Lemon tea at bedtime felt like a wasted gesture.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you got home @Riva_Roxaban, Never had sand crabs, or any crab come to that (it's just my thing about crustaceans) but I hope you enjoyed it after missing your breakfast.

Had an abnormally fierce reaction to my 3rd covid jab - a morning with high temperature, sore arm, tired and just generally unwell and unwilling to get moving. Finally got over it about 2 pm and decided to make some chicken soup with yesterday's stock - actually chicken and leek soup. Didn't taste quite right, so I added quite a lot of cream. That was a definite improvement, but I still couldn't finish the whole bowl. Just left with a sore arm now - not as bad as Neil's, of course and it will go away pretty rapidly. But it was a surprise for me to react at all.

I'll keep the food fairly light for the rest of the day, but will probably need to have something. Maybe some berries with yoghurt.

This afternoon I am very, very cold. Not feeling sick, but really couldn't face any food. Trying to drink tea to warm me up, but it really is tasteless and kind of thin. I've put the heating on plus an extra small heater beside my chair. Might heat some milk to warm me up or I might just put on some gloves and shiver under a blanket with a hot water bottle. Really didn't expect any reaction to the jab, never mind this. The good thing about it all is that it is just a reaction and will go away - it took a week for my SIL to get over her 3rd jab.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you get through your vacc reaction soon @Annb , my daughter had a fairly strong reaction after the third too - knocked her out and she felt quite unwell but it only lasted 24 hr.
first meal today around 11. Ended up being a 23 hr fast! A LC Scotch egg with sauerkraut then a DGF cake
Dinner was hake fillet in a garlic, spinach and cream sauce topped with cheese. Chocolate chia pud to follow and some blueberries and Montezuma’s 100% buttons.
I’m only drinking alcohol at the weekends these days - I found my consumption was creeping up and it wasn’t doing my BG any good. So today I had a small gin and soda before dinner and a glass of Sauvignon blanc with it. Appreciated every sip.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve discovered keto chaffles! Made pizza with them - AMAZING!!!

IMG_8180.jpg

Greek yogurt with nut/seed mix with cinnamon.

Breakfast was keto pancakes, a few strawberries and cream.

I’m definitely eating a lot less these days…

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another poorly person here, not sure if it's connected to flu jab last Sunday or not. Headache, sore throat (sometimes), sneezing, runny nose but worst of all is the constant nausea and tummy pains.

So, enforced OMAD today.
Fancied something warm and comforting and couldn't quite remember how to make a tuna melt thingy I found in the early days so invented one:
1 egg
Half a tin of tuna (drained)
Black pepper,
Heaped teaspoon milled linseed
Pinch (or quarter teaspoon) baking power.
Blitz it all in a stick bender or mini chopper (too small for processer really)
Pour into microwaveable container (I use a old ricotta plastic pot) and cook in 30 second bursts until risen and dry.
Looks like a bread roll, so extra nice topped with cheese and melted under grill.
Instant tuna melt
Easy to double (and eat) so whole tin of tuna used in one go.

Was nice, but no appetite since and even seeing the food posts on several lc sites I follow is making me feel ill

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by 2 x DGF blueberry and lemon cake, cream and LC nutty granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Was nice, but no appetite since
Couldn't choose between the 'hug' emoji for being poorly and the 'winner' for reinventing tuna things on the spot, so please have both!
Plan was the other half of yesterdays cheesy omelet. We'll see.

Looks like I've overdosed my cat on his new medication, Atenolol (followed orders but it looks like the orders weren't right). Cat is not feeling well so I'm watching him like a hawk now. Looks like he hasn't gotten worse in the last two hours so hopefully we'll be spared a nightly trip to the vet or worse.

It's stressful enough to not feel like eating, maybe later.
Cat survived and is doing well again, for those not following the parallel thread! :)
Yesterday after posting I had a starter of winegums to deal with a hypo, followed by the cheesy omelet on a slice of low carb bread at around midnight or so, when hunger won from worrying.
The cat started to perk up at around 1:30 AM, and pork scratchings, nuts and 90% chocolate followed in bed before finally going to sleep at around 4.

Alarm was set at intervals to renew his hot water bottle through the night to prevent hypothermia, as I haven't put on the heating yet so it's rather cold in my home at the moment.
Woke up at 10 by smell, seeing as I had locked the cat in the room for his safety. :hungover:

So all in all, I had a rather hung over day, even without drinking much yesterday because I wanted to be able to drive in case the cat deteriorated.
The original plan was Brussels sprouts and meatballs, but that quickly changed to planning low carb sandwiches because I just wanted to sit on the couch and do nothing, least of all cook.

Got lucky instead, heard the sound of a little fire at my neighbour (the one living in my garden) so I joined.
He had another neighbour coming over and suddenly there were meatballs in sauce and spareribs from the grill!
Had to guess at the carbs in the marinade and sauce, but my meter told me it wasn't too bad at all. :happy::hungry:
Much better than sandwiches!

246352415_10224453208752103_8416271981773159115_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Might heat some milk to warm me up or I might just put on some gloves and shiver under a blanket with a hot water bottle.
I bought a Alpaca wool poncho with a hoodie from Amazon for the cold winter nights here, which I have felt more this year.

Surprising how warm it was. It's was made in one the these two countries Bolivia or Peru, I can't remember which as I have put it away for next year.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B008OID8FY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
There seems to be something about this 3rd covid vaccine. I've heard of quite a few people (all women!) who had bad reactions after no problem at all with the first 2. Anyway I'm back to normal this morning. Started very late this morning because I couldn't get to sleep last night and just mooched around the place until 5.30 am but then, finally dozed on and off until 10.30. Now I have a sore throat - I think that is probably the virus that DIL has been suffering with - having been enclosed in her car to get to the hospital for my jabs.

I am just heating some leek and chicken soup (yesterday's soup with some extra leeks put in) for breakfast.

2nd meal will be something veggie with some bits of chicken breast (2 small breasts left from the chicken from a couple of days ago, which need to be used). Seems lots of chicken over the last few days, but I had planned to cook some of it for the freezer and then, because of the jab, I didn't freeze any of it.

I actually managed to get a delivery slot from Tesco for Tuesday. It was the only one available for the next 3 weeks. That'll save Neil having to go. Tried to get a second one for the following week, but only "Click and Collect" available. this is a new service here on the Islands but to use it, you have to have a smart phone, which I don't and I don't understand why it is needed.

Edited to fix 2 typos.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you’re back to normal @Annb
Today we went out for breakfast, what a treat! Loads of bacon, scrambled eggs and mushrooms plus of course a few gallons of coffee.
Dinner was a butterflied leg of lamb I’d been marinating in yoghurt and spices, with roast veg topped with crumbled feta and cabbage cooked slowly in coconut oil with fresh ginger, turmeric and mustard seeds.
Champagne beforehand and red wine with it. Probably too much as inhibitions disappeared and I ended up having 2 DGF brownies later, after actual pudding of strawberries and cream.
Must do better.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all. Before I forget to ask - what’s crowdie @ maglil55 ?
Today brunch at 11am- smoked salmon with a spoon of cream cheese, h/b egg 1/2 avocado and sauerkraut.
5pm a very odd leftovers type meal. Walnuts and olives then the remains of Sunday’s parmesan creamed cabbage, some fried mushrooms and asparagus way past their sell by and looking very tired. 2 airfried chicken drumsticks. Lastly a DGF salted caramel blondie and a large pot of tea to sit down with.
It's a Scottish cheese. It's made from curdled milk which gives it a sour taste. It looks a bit like cottage cheese. The one I have is just plain but you can get it rolled in pepper corns and oatmeal. It sounds yuk but I like the sour taste.

Reactions: DJC3