Booster shots

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Anyone have any issues with blood sugar levels after their Covid booster shots . My levels have risen since I’ve had my shot

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone have any issues with blood sugar levels after their Covid booster shots . My levels have risen since I’ve had my shot
Yes mine were slightly higher for a week or two after each vaccine from what I can remember - a few months ago now - I am due to have the next one :(

Tannith

BANNED
Wow. I'm glad to hear that. Not because I want your BG to go up of course, but because mine did, and I was hoping that it was because of the shot not because I had been overeating!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine dropped with both original shots, which surprised me as with flu jabs they always go up for a week. No boosters for the average Dutch diabetic yet. ;)

Peter03

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I need more insulin after each meal and it takes a long time to start working, I had the same problem after my first covid injection but no problem after my second, I just hope it does not last to long

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My sugar levels went up for a few days, which is to be expected with vaccination.

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine raised about 1.5 mmol for about a week, then got a stinker of a cold which bumped them even higher. Slowly dropping back to more acceptable levels.

Mandyb72

I had and still having problems, after my 1st vaccine and now with my booster vaccine 3 weeks ago, blood sugars had risen, plus it flared up my meniers disease too...:(

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Wouldn’t have a clue about my bg but had a nasty banging headache for a week. I also couldn’t move my arm that was injected for a day, had pain in my neck and all around my shoulder. If this is a yearly booster I won’t be having another!!