Victoza not working

edshazell

I have been using Victoza for around 10 years with good results but now its not working as good. I on 1.2mg but increased to 1.8mg but my Hbaic levels are still too high. I am also on 2000 mg metformin but nothing else, what is my next step I want to avoid insulin as long as possible.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What kind of thing do you eat?
Many of us have found that dietary changes are a far more powerful tool than medication.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been using Victoza for around 10 years with good results but now its not working as good. I on 1.2mg but increased to 1.8mg but my Hbaic levels are still too high. I am also on 2000 mg metformin but nothing else, what is my next step I want to avoid insulin as long as possible.
Have you changed anything else on your daily life? As in have you changed your way of eating, exercise etc?

In my experience relying on drugs only will end up having a lower and lower impact until more drugs or insulin is needed. As @bulkbiker has said, lowering carbs can be an effective way to improve to hold off further medications or move to reducing drugs

I now believe a lot of the “progressive” nature doctors and nurses highlight is because they hand out drugs and don’t explain it isn’t that simple for T2, drugs can be part of the solution but there are other factors

kareeta77

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance

Hi. I was just about to ask if Victoza can stop working. I have been taking it for around 16 months. My insulin requirement went down significantly, I was less hungry and lost a steady few pounds. Now I don't have any of those benefits and wonder if it is worth stopping it for a while before restarting.