Latest HbA1c results are in... *dramatic music*

Buster_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Over recent months I've been losing weight and sticking to a low carb diet and this has continued to push my BG levels down. I've been eagerly awaiting another HbA1c test to confirm what my meter has been telling me. So, bloods were taken on Friday and I've just had the results back from the GP surgery... wait for it... 34mmol/mol !!

To say I'm made up would be an epic understatement, I'm bouncing around like an 8 year old on Christmas morning here. That figure is down from 109 at diagnosis, so it's a lot of progress and should keep me much safer from the awful complications we all fear.

Other results look good too. I have a full cholesterol breakdown and think those are pretty healthy but I'll probably post later and ask for a bit of advice on that.

Thanks to all those who so generously post their knowledge and support here in the forums, I'm enormously grateful. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Over recent months I've been losing weight and sticking to a low carb diet and this has continued to push my BG levels down. I've been eagerly awaiting another HbA1c test to confirm what my meter has been telling me. So, bloods were taken on Friday and I've just had the results back from the GP surgery... wait for it... 34mmol/mol !!

To say I'm made up would be an epic understatement, I'm bouncing around like an 8 year old on Christmas morning here. That figure is down from 109 at diagnosis, so it's a lot of progress and should keep me much safer from the awful complications we all fear.

Other results look pretty good too. I have a full cholesterol breakdown and think those are pretty healthy but I'll probably post later and ask for a bit of advice on that.

Thanks to all those who so generously post their knowledge and support here in the forums, I'm enormously grateful. Have a great day everyone!
Excellent work, well done!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great results, keep up the good work!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hang the bunting and do the happy dance. Amazing turnaround. Hearty congratulations.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, bloods were taken on Friday and I've just had the results back from the GP surgery... wait for it... 34mmol/mol !!

Amazing results, well done you for taking control of your health.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!

Other results look good too. I have a full cholesterol breakdown and think those are pretty healthy but I'll probably post later and ask for a bit of advice on that.

Truly awesome results for all your hard work and determination so yes, a HUGE WOW from me too. Well done you! :)

Buster_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you all for your good wishes and congratulations. I've calmed down a bit now and am left feeling quietly very happy and relieved that things have gone so well. The battle from this point on is slightly different, a lot of important ground has been won and now it's all about maintaining these changes into the future.

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
Congratulations!

Higaomo

What an inspiring post!

I was only diagnosed yesterday with a HbA1c of 94. Being very new to all this that sounded terrifyingly high to me but reading that you’ve achieved that measure of reduction is hugely reassuring that it might be possible for me too

Reactions: Kaycie and ziggy_w

Buster_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was only diagnosed yesterday with a HbA1c of 94. Being very new to all this that sounded terrifyingly high to me but reading that you’ve achieved that measure of reduction is hugely reassuring that it might be possible for me too

Don't be intimidated Higaomo! I (and many others here) have been exactly where you are now, newly diagnosed and feeling very overwhelmed. Our results prove what's possible and you can reassure yourself that with the right approach it's very likely you can dramatically improve your condition.

There will be changes to make, of course, but they are not anything like as difficult as you might imagine and the rewards are huge: a happier, healthier and safer future. Good luck!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Brilliant well done amazing congratulations on a great result.:)