Missing the spike?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd love to try a CGM, but the cost is prohibitive, especially as hubby isn't a fan of my testing.
Abbott do a 2 week free trial of your first one.
Then I have 2 a year , one for Christmas and one for birthday (to replace all the food and drink presents I can no longer have!) Then I use them at appropriate points in the year, on holiday is ideal where we eat out much more, and then I have a tasting 2 weeks where I eat some carbs and other new foods to see effects.
You don't to swap over totally, they are just a tool for occasional use (for t2s of course, much more necessary for the T1s)

ZoeinKent

Abbott do a 2 week free trial of your first one.
Then I have 2 a year , one for Christmas and one for birthday (to replace all the food and drink presents I can no longer have!) Then I use them at appropriate points in the year, on holiday is ideal where we eat out much more, and then I have a tasting 2 weeks where I eat some carbs and other new foods to see effects.

Ah thanks! I'll check that out (though I have an inkling it's for those who already have a T2 diagnosis). I have actually thought of asking for one for Christmas/birthday - that or a c-peptide test (@lucylocket61 ), haha. We sure know how to live ;)

(Edited as I tagged the wrong person, sorry!)