What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Had an eye sight test this afternoon thought I would come out with a prescription for new reading glasses as been having trouble reading the screen for a while.

But the optician said we have to sort out those Cataracts I said what cataracts I don't have any as far as I know he said it's in your notes from 2016 on my reply it would have been nice to have been told. Cataracts both eyes of a fast growing type given letter for doctor requesting referel to eye doctor bummer.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back from the primary care centre after my diabetic eye and feet check. Eyes good, feet good so everything good apart from my ectopic heart beat which was happily going bum de de bum bum when she checked my feet pulses. Clipped my toe nails especially for the occasion. ;)

Bonus. - as we were leaving there was someone at the door offering Covid booster shots, no booking needed so got that as well. OH wasn't allowed his jab as it was too soon after the Covid infection he had. We shall see what bloods bring tomorrow. 5.5 this evening which is a little higher than usual.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And now the big swing of variance kicks in. Returned from holiday, started behaving myself, got a very good night's sleep (the first in about a week) and... 7.5! Can only presume it is a delayed hangover from being naughty the past few days but you have to laugh!

Reactions: LeftPeg

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.0 - Another rubbish night. Been awake since 1am. Project working since 4am. Took test at 5:45. I’ll nap during today. Oh joy, picking up a replacement “Schneider Electric Lisse Deco 13A 2-Gang DP Switched Plug Socket Brushed Stainless Steel with White Inserts” ….Just Living the Dream…. Living the Dream…

Reactions: DJC3

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi there. I just joined diabetes.co.uk.

This is an interesting thread. My fasting blood glucose this morning 6.7 mmol.l.

I have not been diagnosed with diabetes but am concerned about my blood sugar. Ever since having glucose in urinalysis at the drs. I got a blood glucose monitor and periodically check it. Normal HbA1c so dr wasn’t bothered.

welcome to the forums.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Estragon hug for early waking and joys of T2; @garyclark82 great attitude which will be essential in managing The D; @PenguinMum what can I say? @Ryhia hug for sore arm. @ert is 3.3 too low? I have 2 blisters on the arm where I had '#3jab which also had Swipey covered with usual waterproof film. Film and Swipey off so unknown fbg.

Reactions: karen8967

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 this morning not sure where that flew in from but I'm leaving all the windows open in the hope it flies out again :rolleyes:

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3