G6 transmitter fail

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
I’ve just had my G6 transmitter die a few weeks early. I use both the phone app and have the receiver running as well. My receiver gave the ‘your transmitter not working please replace’ error but the dexcom app is just sitting still on the signal loss screen after nearly two hours. Shouldn’t both the receiver and app give the same error ???? Strange :bored:

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. I am on my 2nd transmitter in less than 100 days . They have been great at talking me through all ways to check that your phone is set up correctly and then sending me a replacement. It is frustrating not to have my 5 minute readings and it is much less reliable that the fsl which only has to talk to my phone and not my pump and phone!
My usual fix for signal loss message is to turn blue tooth off and on again then re install the app if that doesn't work.
Good luck and I hope you have an fsl or test strips as a back up... (I still have fsl on prescription so have a spare box on standby).

Reactions: Sharrryn

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. I am on my 2nd transmitter in less than 100 days . They have been great at talking me through all ways to check that your phone is set up correctly and then sending me a replacement. It is frustrating not to have my 5 minute readings and it is much less reliable that the fsl which only has to talk to my phone and not my pump and phone!
My usual fix for signal loss message is to turn blue tooth off and on again then re install the app if that doesn't work.
Good luck and I hope you have an fsl or test strips as a back up... (I still have fsl on prescription so have a spare box on standby).

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks. Yes I’ve had a few transmitters fail early before and they replace them. I’ve got a spare transmitter so will start that and hope it pairs to both receiver and phone app.