What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 from under the duvet.
Hope to emerge in spring.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey all,

Been a while. That work thing’s been getting in the way.

5.6 this morning.

I’m fact, what’s the point you start to talk to the doc about coming off basal?

I started at 24 basal and 6\bolas with meals when I left the hospital after my DKA in Jan.

Now I’m on 6 basal, no bolas, and I’m either in the low 6s at bed or 5s in which case I have a 5 -10g carb snack it make sure I’m in the 5s when I get up.

Now I do eat a lower carb diet (not keto though, not that low), but I don’t want to up my carbs, I don’t want to risk upsetting my weight loss (8st and counting).

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 from under the duvet.
Hope to emerge in spring.
When you come up from the duvet, let us know how you are feeling. Hope you are managing to fight the flu bug ok.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A frankly upsetting 7.8 this morning (the highest I've been since records began in July) which may partly be explained by my forgetting to have my Metformin yesterday as well as this very stubborn cough. Either way, I need to get myself back on track & right now, I'm not sure what I can do other then take the pill and ride it out.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@garyclark82 hug for fbg but FWIW I think that plan is right; @BrianDoc hug for waking early. I've been holding a seminar with myself and (subconsciously) T2/nutritional experts since 2.20 am. Fung was definitely not invited - yes I've read his stuff thanks. Hope the duvet days work @Pipp

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back in the sticky sixes for no apparent reason with 6.0 today and 6.1 yesterday.
Hugs @garyclark82 but you are right - sometimes there’s nothing to be done except take the pill and ride it out.
@DisFanJen 8st lost! You are an absolute legend. Maybe start a new post to ask for advice about your basal insulin? You will reach more people that way, and the replies will be more expansive than allowed on this thread.
@Pipp hugs on their way to you too, hope you recover soon.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning which is perplexing. Didn't get to do the walk planned yesterday as the weather was just too foul. Ended up just walking around the shore of Windermere before proposing to my now fiancee there rather than on the top of a hill. Some celebration at an Indian in Kendal which I expected to bring me up, but apparently not!
congratulations for the 2 of you

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there. I just joined diabetes.co.uk.

This is an interesting thread. My fasting blood glucose this morning 6.7 mmol.l.

I have not been diagnosed with diabetes but am concerned about my blood sugar. Ever since having glucose in urinalysis at the drs. I got a blood glucose monitor and periodically check it. Normal HbA1c so dr wasn’t bothered.

welcome here <3

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s 5.4 today and that’s it for a week as I’m now on holiday.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A frankly upsetting 7.8 this morning (the highest I've been since records began in July) which may partly be explained by my forgetting to have my Metformin yesterday as well as this very stubborn cough. Either way, I need to get myself back on track & right now, I'm not sure what I can do other then take the pill and ride it out.
Hope you feel better soon so many things impact on BG don't beat yourself up it's one reading and tomorrow's could be much better .

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3