Hit me with your low carb lunches!

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Homemade chicken broth, no rice, 3 carbs
Prawns with a homemade Marie Rose sauce, 2.5 carbs
Sainsbury’s crestless quiche, don’t eat the base, 3 carbs
Mathiesons smoked sausage, 4 carbs
Hi how do you make the Marie Rose sauce please

Madisons

My lunch suggestion would be " "

Seriously, it would be nothing. If you are able to get your breakfast and dinner dialed in, I think you should find that further food may not be necessary.

If you are relatively new to low carb, you might be doing treats, or just out of habit 3 meals, or maybe just need to get fully fat adapted. Over time may of us find we simply cannot cope with more than 2 meals sittings.

Whole nutrient dense meals lend themselves towards being mentally and physically satiating. I would eat snack options with your meal. So for example I finished my dinner around an hour ago, this consisted of air fried minted lamb (love the crispy bits) and no cook vegetables and for dessert mixed with snack, toasted coconut flakes, pecans, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, 100% dark chocolate and a little milk:

View attachment 51714
Wow, that looks amazing. My mouth is watering over the dessert especially! So lucky you can have that. I've got a fatty liver and high cholesterol (gene), prediabetic...etc...eating is not fun for me...

SheilaCanning

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I struggled with lunch for a while as I was also a sandwich and crisps gal. Now I either have homemade soup (a soup maker is a wonderful thing - bung some veggies in with stock and 20 minutes later ta-da - soup ready for 3 days) or I have a plastic kids plate, which I know is daft, but it's sectioned into compartments which I like, and I have slices of ham, or cheese, or some salmon or tuna mayo, and some carrs table water biscuits which are low carb, and a handful of peanuts and a spoonful of coleslaw. There's something about having several different textures and tastes which helps me.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm lucky enough that I can handle a normal sandwich & crisps with a Coke Zero for lunch.
So I'd be mid 6s @1 hour after that.

Back in the old days it would be a full sub with a sharing bag of crisps plus a sharing chocolate bar, there was no worry back then.
Love to know what my BGs were like back then. Especially when I used fall asleep at 3pm everyday.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
3 spoonfuls of full fat Hellman’s mayonnaise, 1 spoonful of Heinz low salt and sugar tomato sauce and a splash of lea + perrins, works out at about 2.5 carbs a portion.
Thank you I will make this