What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @SheilaCanning. I started out with Elsie July 2015 the attached are some October readings - at the start they were 7s - @DJC3 is right about fbg. @Pipp and @PenguinMum sorry but not even at gunpoint could I eat honey. Now brandy is wholly different, sorry Ted Naiman, toxic it maybe but sure tastes mighty fine (son's FIL's £2k per bottle especially), yee haw. No fbg but was 6.2 on Tee 2 after 35 mins spin session - no Peleton I plead poverty and anyhow Wattbike is where its at.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-10-25 08.42.11.png
    Screenshot 2021-10-25 08.42.11.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday , 2 meals 11:00 am egg, bacon, sausage, coffee. Drank decaff coffee during day. 6:30pm steak, mushrooms, halloumi, salad, mayonnaise, red wine.. Drank water after, and no food since.
So what went on with DawnP at 5:50 this morning with a fasting level of 9.2 remains a mystery. The reading of 7.1 two hours later, and before breakfast, only marginally improved my mood.
Almost tempted to have toast and honey again, but that is so habit forming that I will stick to yogurt and berries.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday , 2 meals 11:00 am egg, bacon, sausage, coffee. Drank decaff coffee during day. 6:30pm steak, mushrooms, halloumi, salad, mayonnaise, red wine.. Drank water after, and no food since.
So what went on with DawnP at 5:50 this morning with a fasting level of 9.2 remains a mystery. The reading of 7.1 two hours later, and before breakfast, only marginally improved my mood.
Almost tempted to have toast and honey again, but that is so habit forming that I will stick to yogurt and berries.
Either give the meter the two fingered salute or just do this. Have a hug - entirely virtual and extremely socially distanced obviously.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don’t know if it is true, @ianpspurs , but it has been suggested that bad reaction to jab booster indicates good and active antibodies. :)
I had a bad reaction to my first jab ( Astra ) and felt worse than when I actually had Covid tested for my antibodies I had a strong line .

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I had a bad reaction to my first jab ( Astra ) and felt worse than when I actually had Covid tested for my antibodies I had a strong line .
I'm booked in for my third jab this afternoon will then have booster jab six months from then I was unaware that the third jab is part of the primary vaccination now and not considered a booster jab.

I will see tomorrow if it has an effect on my FBG or not hope I do not have as severe reaction to it. as I did with the first two.

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
4.8 today. I had the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday under the new rules for vaccine participants. It's been almost a year since I had the Novavax vaccine on the vaccine trial.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Thanks, @Ryhia , @DJC3 , @ianpspurs , for the good wishes. Not flu, but bad reaction to covid jab. Nuff said, at least it wasn’t covid. Somewhat improved today. Even got up and changed the bed covers, and fasting level of 6.1 is acceptable.
Stay well folks, it is going to be a long winter.

so glad you’re feeling better. I have my booster on Saturday. Hope it is ok as we plan to visit in-laws Sunday…

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.3 after abrupt waking after nightmare. Awake around 5 and Mr Libre had me under 5. Oh well lots of tea required.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here as a supportive friend - I can't justify using resources to measure bg instead of starving Afghan children just now. If not checking for 14 days causes problems it was a rubbish relationship anyhow. @DJC3 winner for fbg but hug for hunger and cold. @BrianDoc yep, that's how it gets ya. Same with A1c. Welcome to the crazy world of T2. @PenguinMum hug but we both know that doing the right thing, outcomes and emotions are totally separate. Great fbgs happen to people eating all the "wrong" stuff and vice versa.

Last edited:

BravoKilo

5,9 on waking but …7.6 40 mins later with no food or drink in between (Libre measurements)
Hmmm body seems confused after 8 weeks low carbs (about 70 -90 a day)