Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
My sensor has been over 3mmols out for the last 4 days, it says I'm low/hypo when I'm not. Xdrip is spot on but is ugly
Hope all's well with everyone

Reactions: Marie 2

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Similar issue with me SueJB, i have had about 4 libre sensors in a row that haven’t worked at all and the one i’m using now is telling me i’m constantly low but when i check my bloods they are spot on, i feel like going back to testing my blood sugars the old fashioned way again, technology can’t be trusted sometimes.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@RVW I think Libre is having a production issue. A bunch of people are having issues with them lately. I had 5 in a row of Libre2's that wouldn't start.

Reactions: RVW

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1634596696087.jpg

Reactions: RVW

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My sensor has been over 3mmols out for the last 4 days, it says I'm low/hypo when I'm not. Xdrip is spot on but is ugly
Hope all's well with everyone
I feel your pain. Mine is reading higher than actual. Good job I know my own signs of going low. This one was a replacement for one that wouldn’t start and has the same sell by date. Used a couple of sensors in the middle from the chemist that were bang on. Am not inclined to get a replacement for it as would probably get one from the same batch again.
The Libre 1 was always very accurate for me, so this is very frustrating.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, I agee with those of you having problems with Libre 2. I haven't had as many that read way too high or low, but had a couple and I do call Abbott and get replacements. After all, the NHS has paid for these devices, and the only way to get companies to improve what they do is have an impact on their profit line, which we will if we notify them about all the dodgy sensors and get replacements. btw, the last one I sent back there was, for the first time in my experience, no requirement to send the dodgy one back, which suggests to me that they know there's a problem.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Similar issue with me SueJB, i have had about 4 libre sensors in a row that haven’t worked at all and the one i’m using now is telling me i’m constantly low but when i check my bloods they are spot on, i feel like going back to testing my blood sugars the old fashioned way again, technology can’t be trusted sometimes.
Me too @RVW, although I disliked pricking, it was accurate. Anyway, this morning my 5 day old sensor gave up and died. Fed up that I've got to go through all the questions on the phone with Abbott to get a replacement. Libre 1 was excellent for me too @becca59 I don't think Libre 2 is an improvement

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning all, I agee with those of you having problems with Libre 2. I haven't had as many that read way too high or low, but had a couple and I do call Abbott and get replacements. After all, the NHS has paid for these devices, and the only way to get companies to improve what they do is have an impact on their profit line, which we will if we notify them about all the dodgy sensors and get replacements. btw, the last one I sent back there was, for the first time in my experience, no requirement to send the dodgy one back, which suggests to me that they know there's a problem.
I'm self funding @hh1 so there's no question of not getting a replacement. There are certainly all sorts of problems with Libre 2s and I feel a bit like a guinea pig at times

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I'm just wondering if Dexcom is more reliable and if you can use it with your phone. Does anyone know?

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I'm just wondering if Dexcom is more reliable and if you can use it with your phone. Does anyone know?
Hands down Dexcom is better if you can afford it. I'm self-funding it and use it with x-Drip on my phone. I haven't had to finger prick which is a big change for me (except in the first hours). The Libre gives good trends but did not pick up on all of my hypos or highs and I was still fingerpicking to dose due to inaccuracies. I got fed up with the Libre alarming overnight for false hypos (without me lying on it.)

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I would agree with the other posters. Since moving to Libre 2 things have gone downhill Being woken three times a night regularly and having to finger prick for boluses was a very regular occurrence. Abbott replaced the sensors but I could not see any improvements. The last 2 sensors that failed they asked me to return, unfortunately their return labels do not work and they asked me to pay to return the faulty sensors. I declined to do this.

I am self funding Dexcom at the moment and it so much more accurate.

Reactions: ert

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Dexcom in the US has an ap for the phone that’s much better than their reader. Daytime alerts can be set differently than night alerts. Also an ap for the phone for reports and sharing instant readings of your numbers with someone else if you want to. That’s great especially for kids. In the UK I’m not sure what they have.

The biggy with Dexcom is you can calibrate it. I get mine to be within 5 points of accuracy. A new sensor sometimes takes a couple of days and a few calibrations to do so, but a restarted one a few calibrations the first 24 hours. I don’t usually check it until another 5 days the sensors stay so accurate. While my insurance supplies me my Dexcom I still love restarting my sensors.

I self fund the Libre solely because of snorkeling and it goes back into my purse after swimming. I only use my Dexcom to keep track of my BG levels. Some finger pricking the first 24-48 hours and then it can be very reliable. Results can vary per person of course.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning all. Sorry about all the Libre 2 troubles, it’s hard enough paying attention to blood sugars while trying to lead a ‘normal’ life anyway. Libre 2 had such a fanfare! I’ve stuck with Libre 1 ‘cos I didn’t want to throw away the miaomiao plus alerts and calibrations on the watlaa, and it’s been fine. There haven’t (yet) been issues with Libre 1, but . . . The Consultant said Libre 2 as if it were a prize and I did feel I was being a bit of a dinosaur when I said I didn’t want it yet.
Would your docs or pharmacist go back to Libre 1?
@Antje77 is there a problem with the Libres in the Netherlands?

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Dexcom in the US has an ap for the phone that’s much better than their reader. Daytime alerts can be set differently than night alerts. Also an ap for the phone for reports and sharing instant readings of your numbers with someone else if you want to. That’s great especially for kids. In the UK I’m not sure what they have.

The biggy with Dexcom is you can calibrate it. I get mine to be within 5 points of accuracy. A new sensor sometimes takes a couple of days and a few calibrations to do so, but a restarted one a few calibrations the first 24 hours. I don’t usually check it until another 5 days the sensors stay so accurate. While my insurance supplies me my Dexcom I still love restarting my sensors.

I self fund the Libre solely because of snorkeling and it goes back into my purse after swimming. I only use my Dexcom to keep track of my BG levels. Some finger pricking the first 24-48 hours and then it can be very reliable. Results can vary per person of course.
How do you put the Libre back in your purse? I thought that once they were in the arm or wherever, they couldn’t be removed and then reattached. Have you a nifty new ruse to share? Or is it the device that reads the bloods that gets put away? Either way, the pond’s getting chillier here, fish swimming more slowly, no room for snorkelling in it and anyway the wetsuit would need to be thicker now.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry @Fairygodmother I see how it can read that way......I should have said I put the Libre reader back in my purse.The Libre sensor does stay on me.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I think so, yes.
I'm not very active in the Dutch Facebook groups on diabetes because I'm utterly spoilt by the sensible talk and people on this forum.
There are of course a lot of sensible Dutch diabetics, don't get me wrong, but there aren't as many people in the general population (and in general diabetes Fb groups) who like to understand how their diabetes works and are willing to spend their time doing their research on it as there are among the people who choose to be active on this forum. I more often encounter those sensible Dutchies on more specific international Fb groups than on our Dutch groups, although there are some very patient Dutch diabetics who are very active in helping people out on those groups. I'm not one of them.
That said, I do follow those groups with a half eye in case something interesting or an emergency comes up, so I know a bit of what's going on!

I see more posts about failing Libre2's than I saw on failing Libre1's, both by new users and by users who switched. (No choice here, we can only get the Libre2).
On the other hand, Libre1 was phased out shortly after everyone on MDI or pump became automatically eligible for the Libre, so there was a large influx of people who had no clue about their diabetes (or anything else really) but suddenly were confronted with this new piece of technology. I think part of the increased reporting of failing sensors stemmed from there.
Lots of complaints about losing sensors too, but I hardly see any complaints anymore on skin problems from the glue, an improvement to my thinking! Everyone can take measures to keep their sensors on, but having bad skin reactions is harder to solve.

Personally, I've had two sensor failures with the Libre2, which is more than I had on average with the 1 but not so much more that it can't be coincidence.

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. Sorry about all the Libre 2 troubles, it’s hard enough paying attention to blood sugars while trying to lead a ‘normal’ life anyway. Libre 2 had such a fanfare! I’ve stuck with Libre 1 ‘cos I didn’t want to throw away the miaomiao plus alerts and calibrations on the watlaa, and it’s been fine. There haven’t (yet) been issues with Libre 1, but . . . The Consultant said Libre 2 as if it were a prize and I did feel I was being a bit of a dinosaur when I said I didn’t want it yet.
i have stuck with libre 1 as heard too many people complaining about the 2 x

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi,

If it's any consolation to you. I've had no issues with the L2. & after some firmware updates & a hard reset on the watch, got it working lovely with the Watlaa..
You will need a BT bridge still for the Watlaa. (& I invested in a Bubble mini after the battery life on the MM2 was giving up.)
The Libre 2 on its own can work on your phone with either XDrip or Diabox. Diabox is less of a faff to set up. Though I have had just the L2 sensor working with both apps..
The watch, however. Can no longer talk to Xdrip without some sort of "paring code" that can't be entered into the watch?
But that don't realy matter as the phone & watch work independently.