What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 2 slices slc bread toasted and filled with egg mayo. Mug of earl grey to set me up for the day

Dinner - chicken breast with garlic mayo on top with large side salad. Still hungry :hungry:so had a white chocolate peanut butter carb killa bar washed down with a much of earl grey tea.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another unintentional OMAD today. Yesterday’s oxtail really filled me up and I wasn’t hungry for a full 25 hours. Broke the fast with mince fried with onions and 2 eggs, plus a small bit of air fried beef fat (yum).

6D7CA18A-87F3-474E-8482-40A8B05B8A7A.jpeg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I made an experimental oven dish today with leek, tuna and mushrooms, and most of the ingredients I use for tuna melt muffins. And now I'm not sure if it needs longer or if I simply didn't use enough eggs, as it didn't set. I gave it another ten minutes and then I'll pronounce it done!
The extra ten minutes did the trick!
I didn't expect it to taste as good as it did, what a wonderful surprise! :joyful:

Forgot to mention I topped it with Muenster stinky cheese, which made it a very unusual and yummy dish, but don't try this at home if you're not sure you absolutely love stinky cheese because your whole house will smell of it! :D:hungry:

249385374_10224497333815202_7360409052555128357_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages, eggs, and some fried up leftover veggies for breaklfast.
Two ANZAC biscuits, lemon / lime cordial with a scoop of Osmolax mixed in for smoko.
Cold meat and salad of lettuce mix, capsicum, tomatoes, red onion rings, sliced mushrooms, black olive pieces, for lunch.
Leftover salad in low carb wraps, couple of small spoons of mango sorbet for supper at six.

Another warm day yesterday, not quite as hot as Sundays was though. Couple of electrical light shows last night with a thunder storm rolled through the area, the energy company are repairing the power lines that came down over north Bundaberg.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ff greek and seeds for breakfast
Lunch was 2 chicken drumsticks with a small salad and a bit of manchego
Found a "real" chocolate shop so bought what I thought was sugar free but turned out to be a vegan copy of chocolate. A tiny 38g bar wasn't worth the 13 g of carbs. Tasted like stale cheap milk chocolate to me.
Memo to self to read more than just the carb count on the label.

Made up for it at dinner though. Had booked into a gastro pub that turned out to be more fine dining than upmarket pub.
2 oysters to start, arrived fried in breadcrumbs, but tasty and small.
Main was venison with mushroom sauce and pickled blackberries. Had a side of greens and stole 2 of hubbys chips cooked in proper old fashioned dripping.
Finished with a cheese plate.
Don't ask the price...and I'm not testing bg either!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Yesterday usual brekkie slice HiLo toast, lots of tea.
Lunch Rollitos and last spoon cheesy coleslaw.
Supper was roasted Med veg with herbs and 2 inch wide strip of Mr PM’s lasagne.
I have never eaten pumpkin but hated the smell of it when carving with the children. I don’t mind butternut squash but not mad about it.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: chicken sandwich - 29 g carbs so that's enough for the day.

2nd meal: mushroom soup (cream of). One large mug full. (large mug must be about 300 ml).

Trying to get organised to go to Inverness tomorrow. The flight is at 8.15 am and we have to be there 60 minutes in advance. So we'll leave home about 6.45. Should be back in Stornoway by just after 4 pm and home by 4.45 or so. Had a slight panic when I couldn't find my appointment letter, but eventually found it printed on the back of a notice about Covid19 (or may the notice was printed on the back of my letter) - confused me for a while.

Did my second lateral flow test this afternoon. My throat and nose really didn't appreciate it and didn't want to co-operate - coughing, spluttering and sneezing. Still needs must. Went to the pharmacy to get an insulin prescription - my basal dose pen will run out tomorrow morning - but the pharmacist couldn't find the prescription and was certain that there wasn't one, nor was one due because he had fulfilled a prescription last week for it. I persuaded him to look again because I only ordered it on Friday. He found it amongst a box of prescriptions that nobody had collected. All's well that ends ... but I was a bit concerned that I would run out tomorrow morning and then be away and not have any for the following day. Have to take some with me, just in case I am delayed getting home.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast just coffee
Lunch scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and lc bread followed by Greek yoghurt
Dinner chicken with Chinese spices,salad and a low carb tortilla and glass of soda water with a dash of dry white wine followed by DGF crumble with yoghurt. Just had decaff coffee with one square of 90% chocolate.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Didn’t fancy a repeat of yesterday’s one small meal so was more organised today:
B- BLT in SLC roll
L-Waitrose crab pot with a few M&S seedy crackers. Montezuma’s Absolute black buttons and coffee
D- Scottish Loch trout fillet from Waitrose with lemon and pepper butter. Green beans and samphire.
Saving a chocolate walnut brownie to eat during Bake Off.
Hope all goes well tomorrow @Annb and I’m glad the insulin problem was finally resolved, that must have been a worry.
@MrsA2 I love the sound of your evening meal out. Pickled blackberries must go really well with venison.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

2nd meal: mushroom soup (cream of). One large mug full. (large mug must be about 300 ml).

Trying to get organised to go to Inverness tomorrow. The flight is at 8.15 am and we have to be there 60 minutes in advance. So we'll leave home about 6.45. Should be back in Stornoway by just after 4 pm and home by 4.45 or so. Had a slight panic when I couldn't find my appointment letter, but eventually found it printed on the back of a notice about Covid19 (or may the notice was printed on the back of my letter) - confused me for a while.

Did my second lateral flow test this afternoon. My throat and nose really didn't appreciate it and didn't want to co-operate - coughing, spluttering and sneezing. Still needs must. Went to the pharmacy to get an insulin prescription - my basal dose pen will run out tomorrow morning - but the pharmacist couldn't find the prescription and was certain that there wasn't one, nor was one due because he had fulfilled a prescription last week for it. I persuaded him to look again because I only ordered it on Friday. He found it amongst a box of prescriptions that nobody had collected. All's well that ends ... but I was a bit concerned that I would run out tomorrow morning and then be away and not have any for the following day. Have to take some with me, just in case I am delayed getting home.

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow, @Annb

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and raspberry chia pudding with LC nutty granola.
Dinner: beef and herb meatballs with tomato and mascarpone sauce with a couple of baby carrots and Brussels followed by SF blackcurrant jelly, cream and LC nutty granola.

Edited to add the dinner veggies.

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 spoonfuls ff greek ( not really breakfast, just so tablets don't go down on an empty stomach,)
L: mushroom soup and cheese
Mid afternoon 38g of vegan chocolate, coffee flavour thus time. Better than yesterday's but not worth repeating.
D: chilli con carne. Small ice cream
11pm hungry so cheese

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday bed 5.4 FBG 5.1. Boys were under the weather so no jujitsu. I had a click and collect today plus that trip to M&S for crackers.

B.TAG plus 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.
L. V8
D. Cold cuts again. Slice each ox tongue, mortadella, roast beef, ham and the mini German sausage. Coleslaw and veggie chips. Grenade ice cream bar.

Sunday bed 6.7 FBG 6.5. No swimming. Half term holiday.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast and coronation chicken.
L. V8
D. Usual campari and soda. I got a gammon joint in M&S and cooked it the Nigella way in Ginger Ale. I glazed it with a mix of Agave and mustard. Served with a mini cob, swede & carrot mash and spinach. DGF gingerbread with berries and cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hope all goes well tomorrow xx

Reactions: Goonergal

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Couple of slices of cheese on low carb bread for breakfast, as I was not very hungry.
Chicken pie without the lid, and my usual cordial mix for smoko.
Pork loin chops, green veggies and gravy, couple of small spoonfuls of passion fruit sorbet.
Thawed out cocktail prawns and a bit of salad in a low carb wrap, tub of lime jelly for supper at six.

Another light show last night again, natures fireworks are the best, nearly 25 mls of much needed rain fell as well. :D

Vidar

1oz Raw Lambs Liver, 250g pack of Biltong, 4 small lamb chops, half a leg of lamb with carnivore gravy.
2 cups of cold Green Tea with 15ml MCT oil in each. 2 Litres of water.

Don't usually have that much lamb but it was on offer recently and just what was defrosted.

I'm craving carbs like mad, its only been about 2 days since my last fix. I know that it's just my carb and sugar addiction talking though. The very thing that got me in to this **** mess and I'm fighting the urge. It's nothing but toxic waste, a vile sweet tasting poison that makes me feel awful and will eventually kill me. That's what I need to keep telling myself.

Reactions: shelley262 and DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seems I forgot to post yesterday. On a run of OMADs - not planned, just being led by my appetite.

Yesterday’s was delicious lamb breast. Added to the pot were the bones given by the butcher - when I bought the meat, the only pre-rolled breasts were stuffed with all sorts of stuff I’m not interested in, so he had to prepare one from scratch. The free bones (messy bit in the picture) were the best bit! And I may have gone back for seconds.

8105D14B-A599-4F3D-8806-5A30719BD73F.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1oz Raw Lambs Liver, 250g pack of Biltong, 4 small lamb chops, half a leg of lamb with carnivore gravy.
2 cups of cold Green Tea with 15ml MCT oil in each. 2 Litres of water.

Don't usually have that much lamb but it was on offer recently and just what was defrosted.

I'm craving carbs like mad, its only been about 2 days since my last fix. I know that it's just my carb and sugar addiction talking though. The very thing that got me in to this **** mess and I'm fighting the urge. It's nothing but toxic waste, a vile sweet tasting poison that makes me feel awful and will eventually kill me. That's what I need to keep telling myself.

Good to see you here @Vidar carb addiction is very real but you can get through it. Raw lambs liver is pretty hardcore! Do you freeze it first? I’ve seen some people eat it like pills this way if it’s cut up small and frozen.

Vidar

Good to see you here @Vidar carb addiction is very real but you can get through it. Raw lambs liver is pretty hardcore! Do you freeze it first? I’ve seen some people eat it like pills this way if it’s cut up small and frozen.

Thank you, I tend to dissappear when I fall off the wagon. Embarrassment, perhaps. First step is admitting you have a problem, right? Well there's no denying I have a problem now.

Yes, the missus has been chopping it up into small easily swallowed chunks and freezing them. I'm just a little bit worried about the safety of it. Though lots of people seem to do it, you don't see YouTubers talk about anything negative they've experienced by doing it.