Minor cheating caused anger

DevGuy

I hope you're all doing well.

Family made pizza at home today. Ultra-refined flour used.

I had a small slice after weeks of disciplined LCHF&HP diet that has paid major dividends by lowering both blood sugar levels and (more modestly) BP. Didn't enjoy the taste of the processed flour, despite the mozzarella, mushroom, and jalapeno toppings.

Immediately proceeded to get furious with myself at the cheating.

Spent 90 minutes walking it off briskly.

Reactions: urbanracer

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Look up fat head dough.

Don't get angry. Treat it as part of your education. It has happened to all of us.

Be nice to yourself.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe try out the 'fat head' pizza on the family, many people eating low carb note that their foods tend to be liked by others for no reason other than them being delicious.
I know when I take food to a group event I need to pack a portion for myself and keep it in my bag or it will all be gone by the time I get to the table - a disadvantage of being a musician.

Reactions: DevGuy

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
We've all been there at some point! You are not alone.

Reactions: DevGuy

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad you had some and found it wasn't all that great but your reaction seems extreme. Self flagellation isn't needed so why be angry with being human and sociable?
I get that this lapse may feel like a slippery slope but its only that if you keep an all or nothing mentality. My favourite mantra is Every Choice is A Chance which is a little more hopeful and positive.

Lakeslover

We’ve all been there…we know what we should do but there is a need to live family life or see friends as well.

pizza at home is easily solved next time though. Get some lo dough pizza bases. 2.6g carbs each. You can use the same toppings as the family one, enjoy being sociable, and no need to feel guilty.

Vidar

Been watching a guy on Youtube for inspiration, an American called the carnivorechef, and while not always strictly carnivore he has some interesting ideas. Carnivore Pizza works well.

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve found cauliflower pizza base to be a tasty alternative, and doesn’t taste of cauliflower! There are several recipes online, I usually use Chef Johns.