Newly diagnosed with very high numbers - confused by symptoms

jjne

Hello again,

Just thought I'd give another update, to encourage anyone who is diagnosed and nervous.

I've been on keto now for four months, and although I have not had another a1c test since diagnosis (really must chase the GP), and I never did get the result of the cpeptide test (I think my sample is sat in a drawer somewhere) I have reached the point where I'm not bothering to test very often.

I'm generally getting non-diabetic pin-prick tests the vast majority of the time now, numbers ranging between 5.8 and 7.2. Not perfect but I'm now hoping for an a1c in the 40s when I finally am seen.

Could not have done it without everyone on here so thank you very much! I have also lost my excess fat and am comfortably inside the "normal" BMI now.

Rog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hello again,

Just thought I'd give another update, to encourage anyone who is diagnosed and nervous.

I've been on keto now for four months, and although I have not had another a1c test since diagnosis (really must chase the GP), and I never did get the result of the cpeptide test (I think my sample is sat in a drawer somewhere) I have reached the point where I'm not bothering to test very often.

I'm generally getting non-diabetic pin-prick tests the vast majority of the time now, numbers ranging between 5.8 and 7.2. Not perfect but I'm now hoping for an a1c in the 40s when I finally am seen.

Could not have done it without everyone on here so thank you very much! I have also lost my excess fat and am comfortably inside the "normal" BMI now.

well done ! It’s all about losing the weight off the sugar , corn , oats and wheat .

Reactions: jjne