What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
Morning all,

5.9 today, I’ve been finger pricking less and running more recently as I was due the detailed annual medical stuff that goes with work.
This annual stuff now includes an exercise ECG, which no longer bothers me and a visits to consultant endocrinologist and cardiologist.
Neither of the above is bothered by me in the slightest , one would happily never see me again and neither thinks I need to be on any medication.
Since I last posted I’ve done two half marathons this month and may do a third on Sunday if my legs feel ok on Friday when I need to register.

Happy Thursday folks !

mummycaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
8.3 :woot: I cant believe that one! normally around 6.5. I have had to start eating my dinner much later than normal at the moment due to work commitments, so dont normally sit down to eat until around 7.30. I did have a mug of peppermint tea before I took the reading as I totally forgot to do it. Would that make me spike so much, peppermint tea? TIA

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.3 :woot: I cant believe that one! normally around 6.5. I have had to start eating my dinner much later than normal at the moment due to work commitments, so dont normally sit down to eat until around 7.30. I did have a mug of peppermint tea before I took the reading as I totally forgot to do it. Would that make me spike so much, peppermint tea? TIA

Wouldn’t have thought so but check the ingredients in case it’s sweetened. I find eating dinner later causes a higher fbg though.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 this morning, coupled with a dreadful night's sleep. Could do with just getting one good night, and having a good run at getting well after being poorly for what seems to be about three weeks... never mind, 6.5 is still well within the parameters.

Reactions: ert and ianpspurs

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I drink peppermint tea regularly and it makes no difference to BG unless you are sweetening it ? It's more likely to be because you are eating later than normal .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all,

5.9 today, I’ve been finger pricking less and running more recently as I was due the detailed annual medical stuff that goes with work.
This annual stuff now includes an exercise ECG, which no longer bothers me and a visits to consultant endocrinologist and cardiologist.
Neither of the above is bothered by me in the slightest , one would happily never see me again and neither thinks I need to be on any medication.
Since I last posted I’ve done two half marathons this month and may do a third on Sunday if my legs feel ok on Friday when I need to register.

Happy Thursday folks !
Wonderful news and great to see you back. IDK my fbg today and I'm not sure managing T2 by diet isn't marginally harmful to me - I'm positive Keto would be but optimistic there could be a way for me and Elsie to be functional as a couple. Yodel delivered the wedding anniversary presents and card yesterday so I can live in the house for another year. Y'all take care.

mummycaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I drink peppermint tea regularly and it makes no difference to BG unless you are sweetening it ? It's more likely to be because you are eating later than normal .
Yes, I think your probably right. I would normally try not to eat after 6, which is when I get the 6 plus readings, 7.30 is quite late and obviously I dont do anything after eating either.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, I think your probably right. I would normally try not to eat after 6, which is when I get the 6 plus readings, 7.30 is quite late and obviously I dont do anything after eating either.
Forgot to say welcome @mummycaz. Last meal by 6 would obviously give the longest fasting window. Have you tried doing some exercise after evening meal? Walking maybe - any kind of gentle cadio really?

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

bellapodus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.4 this morning. A wildcard.
My cold/flu is now nearly gone but the cough remains. Oh well! Upped my NovoRapid which should work

Reactions: karen8967