What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I think your probably right. I would normally try not to eat after 6, which is when I get the 6 plus readings, 7.30 is quite late and obviously I dont do anything after eating either.
What did you eat along with the peppermint tea? I find peppermint tea has no effecr on my BG.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I think your probably right. I would normally try not to eat after 6, which is when I get the 6 plus readings, 7.30 is quite late and obviously I dont do anything after eating either.
I know when I eat late I usually have higher FBG and a later meal doesn't make you feel like doing much either lol ,

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner for that which will almost certainly have been better for you in the long run than obsessing over bg. Don't even ever think of using that on me - I'm different.:angelic:
I love you Ian , always some good excuses for all we faulty people..... today I have an indian whisky with cero coke instead of the Glögg I had the two last days, and early dinner , hope my number will be in a more acceptable level tomorrow morning

Reactions: ziggy_w and Ryhia

mummycaz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Forgot to say welcome @mummycaz. Last meal by 6 would obviously give the longest fasting window. Have you tried doing some exercise after evening meal? Walking maybe - any kind of gentle cadio really?
I really try to have our dinner by 6, but work pressures at the moment dont allow and tbh after a 12 hour working day the thought of exercise after my meal at 7.30 horrifies me! Im going to try and get us back on track for earlier dinners and step up the dog walking. Im also going to try and fit swimming in somewhere. Thanks for replying, it is much appreciated.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.3 for me
FB_IMG_1634596333475.jpg

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
24 hours after lowering my Lantus to 4 units and it’s 5.2

Was 6.2 at bed time (roughly where I aim for, high 5s low 6s at bed), and did second exercise (I exercise 1 hour a day. 30 mins after lunch, and 30 mins in the home gym after dinner).

All looking good for staying on 4 units.

@mummycaz, as other people have said, the late dinner is probably the biggest factor.

One of the biggest changes I made was to be as strict as possible on my meal times. Breakfast at 6:30am, lunch at 12:30, dinner at 5:30pm.

That can wander to 6 - 6:30pm for dinner when I’m in the office as I work in Bristol and live in Wales, but in those days I try and eat a quick to make evening meal (so 10 mins max).

If I have to work late and eat at 7 or later my evening\next morning numbers are always higher.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A happy and unexpected 5.3 this very rainy morning.
Not sure how I am going to persuade Dennis (dog) to go out in this, my morning exercise will probably involve chasing him round the house and crawling under the table to catch him first.

Reactions: karen8967