Type 2 Asking about leg/foot pain

ExChocoholic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude, loud people
Hi, I've not been around much since my post in May. Tbh just been struggling to get well since my very serious pneumonia and 5 weeks in hospital in May.

It was a few months before I was up and about and could only drag from bed to sofa. Finally made it out when I realised driving my car was my way out, as I still cannot walk well. I've developed sciatica in my right butt/leg/knee and boy it's painful. Today my burning feet have joined in!
I'm down to see physio, but no date yet.
I'm T2 on insulin alone, and struggling to keep sugars low, today morning was 9.9 yesterday 7.5. I was at 5.5 when I first got out of hospital, but cannot get back to that again. I cannot exercise because of my leg problem... I'm also carer for my husband who has advanced Parkinsons and is in and out of hospital like a yoyo..all very stressful for both of us. Often he has to help me when I cannot get out of chair.

Bit disappointed with my progress as it seems to become static. I am not making progress and often feel . I did manage to go away with her in Sept for weekend. Managed to get on beach, but I couldn't walk much due to pain of sciatica. Wondering if anyone else experiencing similar thing and if it had improved with treatment. I am 71 tomorrow, until pneumonia I was quite active. Recently had iron infusion as I have CKD.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had sciatica earlier this year, the pain was worse than childbirth or kidney stones! The inability to walk was so frustrating and depressing. Sending major hugs.
Practically I paid to see a private physio. Best £50 I ever spent. He showed me some stretches to do which worked and would ease the pain within 10 minutes
Google figure4 stretch and yoga pigeon postion
Fyi, My nhs referral to physio has just arrived 4 months after I've recovered, 6 months since onset. I'm so pleased I didn't wait