Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

I am terribly saddened to give you all this news.

Jill has passed.

I received an email from her executor informing me. Apparently it was a specific request asking that her forum friends be told. Which is a very kind gesture.

Those of you who have been visiting the forum for years may well remember her distinctive avatars and somewhat acerbic, but always well intentioned posts.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/members/indy51.48386/

My visits to DCUK may be less frequent now, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think of you all, frequently. And I was only thinking of Jill 2 days ago, wondering how she was, and how things were for her. Her posts had become very infrequent as she focussed on her personal battle for survival. The whole time I knew her (since 2012, I think) she had a terrible lung diagnosis hanging over her along with T2, and the fact she lived this long is an incredible testament to her bravery, self discipline and willingness to fight.

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;
Hi Everyone,

I am terribly saddened to give you all this news.

Jill has passed.

I received an email from her executor informing me. Apparently it was a specific request asking that her forum friends be told. Which is a very kind gesture.

Those of you who have been visiting the forum for years may well remember her distinctive avatars and somewhat acerbic, but always well intentioned posts.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/members/indy51.48386/

My visits to DCUK may be less frequent now, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think of you all, frequently. And I was only thinking of Jill 2 days ago, wondering how she was, and how things were for her. Her posts had become very infrequent as she focussed on her personal battle for survival. The whole time I knew her (since 2012, I think) she had a terrible lung diagnosis hanging over her along with T2, and the fact she lived this long is an incredible testament to her bravery, self discipline and willingness to fight.

Thank you for telling us. I really didn't think death could be so near for diabetics. R.I.P. Jill.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no, more very sad news. Another person I will miss very much.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
So sad and thank you for letting us know..

I so enjoyed Jill's posts here and she will leave a void in our hearts

RIP Jill

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Rest in peace Jill. A light has turned off in the world. Thank you for your service in helping us understand and combat diabetes. Your contributions will be sorely missed.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria Thank you for letting us know she was so helpful to me especially with her many postings of informative and transformative lectures. I had been wondering if she was okay - so sad to hear of her passing.

M

Member496333

Very sad. Wasn’t aware she was even sick. Can’t say I “knew” her very much at all but I have a lot of time for forthright people so she always commanded my respect.

RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Such sad news, thanks for the news Brunneria, rest in peace Jill

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
A kind and gentle soul........A steadfast friend........Always willing to help.

Sweet Dreams Indy......you will be missed by many.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So very sad to read this. She has often been in my thoughts. She was always there with information that has helped many of us, despite her dreadful lung condition and the struggles she had with it. Rest in peace, Indy.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very sad news.
Thank you for sharing, @Brunneria , and how very thoughtful of her to make sure we were informed.

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Thank you for letting us know @Brunneria - very sad news. During an inter-beneficiary service this morning, I was playing the organ while over a hundred people remembered their lost loved ones. Jill was very much in my mind.

D

Deleted member 543160

Thanks for letting us know, @Brunneria - I only ever knew her as Indy51, but she was one one my constant and most informative sources of information since I joined the forum in 2014, and I'll be forever grateful to her.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, @Brunneria

Indy, bless her, gave so generously of her time and interest in others’ health issues. Her research of issues I had with my own health, aside from T2, helped so much.

She will be missed, greatly, but I was blessed to have known her.