Low carb but BG high. Any ideas?

Speedbird

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I found this post while searching. Was offered insulin by Diabetic nurse - our GPs don't deal with diabetes and I've found whenever I have a conversation with them in which it features they aren't very well briefed on the subject. My response to the nurse was 'so am I insulin deficient or resistant? Because obviously you'd need to know which before you started administering insulin.' She was adamant they don't test for it and I was adamant, no test no insulin. So how do you get it assayed?
Agree. My doc said my pancreas may be packing up. So take the fullest dose of Metformin. But not prepared to do a c peptide test to confirm this. I despair.. Good luck with your DN.

Skippy1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Jim Lahey recommended some reading from Jason Fung MD. Opened the complete guide to fasting and this amazing paragraph jumped out. I've been beating myself up for the last 6years. It's what has caused me extreme grief and yoyo ing between lapses. Now I've just got 2 books to readView attachment 51706
Thanks for replying - sorry for not getting back sooner but life got in the way. I wish it were 'just' dp! At the moment, I'm taking before meal blood tests/ throughout the day during fasts, and they are consistently 25-HI eg a couple of days ago, fasting since 6pm the day before, HI early morning, [email protected]am 32@ 10am 28@1pm 32@3pm 32@5pm 31@11pm. The next day settled at 24-26. My DSN's comment - well, you know more about this than I do - if you want to increase your glic, you can. I'll leave it with you.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for replying - sorry for not getting back sooner but life got in the way. I wish it were 'just' dp! At the moment, I'm taking before meal blood tests/ throughout the day during fasts, and they are consistently 25-HI eg a couple of days ago, fasting since 6pm the day before, HI early morning, [email protected]am 32@ 10am 28@1pm 32@3pm 32@5pm 31@11pm. The next day settled at 24-26. My DSN's comment - well, you know more about this than I do - if you want to increase your glic, you can. I'll leave it with you.
Your numbers aren't the same as when you had that last C-pptide/GAd test done... Time for a repeat with numbers and diet such as yours right now. Especially with the weight loss.

Reactions: Skippy1