Pump Clinic Questionnaire

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have got a face to face pump clinic this week, and for the first time have got a questionnaire to fill in, and take with me. Any help as to how to answer would be appreciated. I know you can't give me actual numbers, but am anxious about filling it in. For some reason it seems worse than just saying it at clinic, and am wondering if there is a sub text?

1. On average have often do you have mild hypo's (where your blood is below 4. but you can easily manage by yourself?) Am finding it difficult to average out.

2. When do you usually get symptoms of a hypo?
For me this varies if awake or asleep, and sometimes what I'm doing. If engrossed in something I might suddenly realise I'm going low/hypo, whereas driving I'm very on the ball.

3. On a scale of one to seven, please indicate your level of hypo awareness.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Hopeful34

I see where your coming from but without knowing what your CCG’s criteria is it would be difficult to second guess this.

What’s your reasons for getting a pump ?

In your shoes I would just answer these as honestly as possible.

Reactions: Hopeful34

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @Juicyj I've had a pump for quite a few years, and got it because of my bad reactions to long acting insulin, overnight hypo's and very erratic blood sugar no matter what I did.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@Hopeful34 I don't think the questionnaire would have any bearing on your situation then, it may be that they are simply collecting data on type 1 patients for research.

Reactions: Hopeful34

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be they want to find out if patients would benefit from a continuous glucose monitor or if they should be driving.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be they want to find out if patients would benefit from a continuous glucose monitor or if they should be driving.
Thanks. I already have Libre 2 on the nhs, so wondered if it was to establish if it would continue being funded. Guess I'll know on Wednesday.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I just completed mine truthfully

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just to update, I went to pump clinic, and wasn't asked for it!