ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I'm pretty new to this, I was only diagnosed in April, but I've never had a hypo that I know of. Is this normal or is it something I can expect in the future?
If you're not on insulin or sulfonylureas then you should not hypo.

Reactions: Dave_S

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
I'm pretty new to this, I was only diagnosed in April, but I've never had a hypo that I know of. Is this normal or is it something I can expect in the future?
I think we are all different, i was diagnosed August so it's all new to me to x

Yaya10_10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
well done that is great.

Tell us more about how you achieved this please

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Low carb eater btw, and libre 2 sensor for help. I'm pretty strict with it all (health wise) but then again I drink far too much whiskey :woot:
For type 1 that's very amazing and I am hoping hasn't included too many hypos or whiskey induced lows!
They used to treat type 2s with whiskey and black coffee (take their minds off not eating much).

Also a low carber but my liver hasn't got the memo about not chucking out glucose sporadically.
Again congratulations .....

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My last test was 30 hba1c. I wasn't really told if it was good or bad xx
The normal range is actually 23-37 with 37-42 taking you into the pre diab range.
I am guessing that smaller/younger people may be lower down the range.
Also when I was pregnant I had a huge extra volume of blood which seemed to give me a 'diluted' HBa1c.
30 or even anything none diabetic is very unusual for a type 1 and doctors often assume you're having plenty of hypos to get that low.

Reactions: Smiler99

Smiler99

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles
The normal range is actually 23-37 with 37-42 taking you into the pre diab range.
I am guessing that smaller/younger people may be lower down the range.
Also when I was pregnant I had a huge extra volume of blood which seemed to give me a 'diluted' HBa1c.
30 or even anything none diabetic is very unusual for a type 1 and doctors often assume you're having plenty of hypos to get that low.
I'm in my 40s not 45 yet lol they think my pancreas is doing a little but I know that won't last forever x

mansingh01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is your consultant happy with this?
Mine is 43 and I’ve been told too low and to not have such strict control.

I’m currently really struggling as I was doing well and keeping in range since consultation I feel much more out of control and am definitely having more highs….. but not as many lows (which is what he was unhappy about.

That’s very good control