Libre 2 variation - low BG warning - grrrrrr

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
My latest Libre 2 started out (just over a day between application and activation) reading 2.0 high, then 1.5 high after it settled down.

After a week it was more or less accurate compared to a finger prick.

4 days to go and I have had two separate low glucose warnings at 3.4 and on the second one the finger prick showed 5.2.

Firstly, stop scaring me like that.
Secondly, I would love a 3.4 because that would give me some headroom for something nice as I've just bought some lovely sourdough bread for my partner.:arghh:

I do find that inaccurate readings exert undue psychological pressure.
Reading too high, and I'm "Yeah, well, the sensor is probably reading high but better be extra careful anyway.".
Reading too low, and I'm "Wow, I don't feel anything and it is probably a false low, but what if it isn't?".

Followed by (today) OK, cool, time for a sneaky treat.

Followed by grrrrr.........

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine always read lower than blood by about 0.8 to 2.0 mmol/l and have done so for years.
This is the main reason I use DiaBox for alarms instead of the official LibreLink app, you can calibrate DiaBox. Provided you still scan with the official app at least every 8 hours you'll still have all your data and graphs in the Libre app and in LibreView.

• Informative
Reactions: plantae and EllieM

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Mine always read lower than blood by about 0.8 to 2.0 mmol/l and have done so for years.
This is the main reason I use DiaBox for alarms instead of the official LibreLink app, you can calibrate DiaBox. Provided you still scan with the official app at least every 8 hours you'll still have all your data and graphs in the Libre app and in LibreView.

On the list to do after all the other urgent tasks.

Reactions: Antje77

Lakeslover

Apple have blocked diabox and xdrip from being used on iPhones which is incredibly frustrating as there is no way of calibrating the libre in libre link. I have just ordered a blucon, hopefully that will work well.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Apple have blocked diabox and xdrip from being used on iPhones which is incredibly frustrating
You're right, and I should have mentioned this!
I completely forgot, using Android, apologies.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Libre always reads higher than blood test usually between 1.5 to 2.5 higher unless
I’ve been sitting down for about 30 minutes then accurate to 0.2 or
If it says below 4 blood test always says 5.2(don’t know if this is actually the exertion of getting up, getting the monitor, fiddling about with the needle and actually pricking my finger though)
2hours after breakfast this morning Larry said 9.2
Finger prick said 7.6

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Would be interested in your batch numbers just had two in a row go faulty after 3 days reading 2.9 to 3.4 alarming me in middle of night. Finger test 6 to 7 each time making it useless. Otherwise been fine only these last two. On iPhone so going to need to look into going android again at this rate or back to dexcom

bonus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is the name for the 'DiaBox app'? - I get a app for weather reports on playstore using android.

Is it the mysugr website option?

Thanks

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What is the name for the 'DiaBox app'? - I get a app for weather reports on playstore using android.

Is it the mysugr website option?

Thanks
It's not in the official playstore because Abbott doesn't approve.
https://apkcombo.com/de/diabox/com.outshineiot.diabox/

For more information, join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/974278412920319 or find them on Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/RNqzCAh2KXJpy...1JZOVwWMHEI2UU7kb8nXabtmHhwOHHkizidWdCxdqCyXs