What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.7 today good fbg I think but my day time readings are getting higher every day.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Think I could only wish for a 4.7 lowest I have been is 5.3 :)
A 4.7 may not be optimal for you @Lainie71 - in truth I suspect @JohnEGreen would prefer something a touch higher. IMHO we each have "optimal settings" - carbs, weight, level of exercise, diet. What works for others may be very wrong for me or you. Them's my onions anyhow.

Last edited:
Reactions: JanetMcDowell

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A 4.7 may not be optimal for you @Lainie71 - in truth I suspect @JohnEGreen would prefer something a touch higher. IMHO we each have "optimal settings" - carbs, weight, level of exercise, diet. What works for others may be very wrong for me or you. Them's my onions anyhow.
Yes never very happy in the fours especially the low fours I know it's a good number just leaves me feeling not so good and it's a short step down to the threes 3.8 to be exact where I found myself a short while after my last post I prefer the low fives.

Of late I have been having throughout the day both hyperglicemic and hypoglicemic episodes several time a day yesterday had two of each.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.5 on waking. Reduced to 8.1 an hour later, and before breakfast.
Mystery as yesterday was high, but by midday and after was in range of 4.8 - 5.6.
Just plodding on.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Yes never very happy in the fours especially the low fours I know it's a good number just leaves me feeling not so good and it's a short step down to the threes 3.8 to be exact where I found myself a short while after my last post I prefer the low fives.

Of late I have been having throughout the day both hyperglicemic and hypoglicemic episodes several time a day yesterday had two of each.
Sorry I didn't mean to offend, I see numbers like yours without thinking and instantly think "I wish" but, everyone is different and I haven't had hyperglicemic and hypoglicemic episodes, I am so sorry and hope you feel better soon x

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Sorry I didn't mean to offend, I see numbers like yours without thinking and instantly think "I wish" but, everyone is different and I haven't had hyperglicemic and hypoglicemic episodes, I am so sorry and hope you feel better soon x
No offence taken as you say we are all different and that's OK.

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I have been MIA as I started swimming Monday morning, early 6:30ish and just went right out the door without checking. Oh well back on it today before leaving. It was 5.2.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.7 - The Hateful Eights. This isn’t Carbs. Lousy sleeping patterns.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
4.3 this morning.

Last night tested blood quite bizarre readings
IMG_0689.jpg

so not quite sure of anything now.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Jab of the week..6.0..and after Fish Finger Firsday! Hope springs eternal. Happy Friday everyone.

Reactions: karen8967