woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Hi
I’m still thinking of getting an I watch. The SE as the only real difference with a 7 is the blood oxygen thing.

Just wanted some opinions please on whether ids best to just buy the watch upfront without cellular so I’ll need phone with me.
Or to buy through phone shop and pay air time tariff and a cost due the watch. the contract would be 36 months and wi et ka exactly like a phone in that after that you can upgrade.
But if I pay upfront it’s a one off cost so if money things change in the future im not on a contract but via the shop means im tied in for 3 years.
Opinions please?
Thank you

Rustytypin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t have an Apple Watch, but I do have a Garmin watch which measures Pulse Ox , blood oxygen levels. I find it to be unreliable in this respect, under reading by several percent. In fact so much so, I bought a Pulse oximeter unit (about £35) as one of the symptoms of Covid is low O2 in the blood. This seems to be more reliable- I have been tested by HCPs and their readings show I do not have a problem.
Perhaps get a cheaper version, and get a Pulse oximeter?

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
My latest ones I've done through the carrier with cellular that way when I want a bit of freedom from tech I still have the means to make a call if something goes wrong

I'm on ee in the UK... the contract it for 2 years and the cost is slightly cheaper than paying for the watch outright then getting a 30 day rolling contract

Getting the non cellular model and paying upfront will be cheaper overall but you lose that extra means of communication......

Depends on how much cellular is important to you... phones are banned at work but watches are not.... so I get away with having my watch on... so long as I don't make/take calls except in an emergency so for me it's worth the extra

Do your own sums on the monthly cost x36 and what it will be paid outright and decide from there