CareSens N Voice blood testing meter.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Diabetes Australia online shop have a deal going for this meter that has audio that tells you the reading if your eyesight is impaired.

You get the meter, 100 strips, a nail gun lancing device and 100 lancets for $45.00, which is temping me to get one.

Strips are $32.00 for 100 strips which is doable if you are not a member of NDSS.

https://diabetesshop.com/collection...0P0DiMdZJmiuQobOAh9MXASbbY&utm_source=minieDM

Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
You get the meter, 100 strips, a nail gun lancing device and 100 lancets for $45.00, which is temping me to get one.

Strips are $32.00 for 100 strips which is doable if you are not a member of NDSS.

Yes, looks like they use the same strips as the caresens N, which is one of the more affordable systems out there. I find that this brand of meter only seems to last a couple of years for me (I'm a "bad" strip handler) and they send me a new meter free to replace the old. Am just wondering whether they'd swap out for the voice model if you asked nicely? (Why pay for the meter if they'll give it to you free?)

Interestingly, it's about the same price in NZ, NZ$51.40 (slightly more expensive but similar, and we have 15% gst here). You know the strips have to be cheap because this is the only brand of meter supported by the NZ government. :)

Thanks for sharing, I'll be interested to know your opinion if you do get one. The text on electronic devices seems to get smaller all the time and given I've got very low level cataracts I suspect it'll get worse before it gets better.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, looks like they use the same strips as the caresens N, which is one of the more affordable systems out there. I find that this brand of meter only seems to last a couple of years for me (I'm a "bad" strip handler) and they send me a new meter free to replace the old. Am just wondering whether they'd swap out for the voice model if you asked nicely? (Why pay for the meter if they'll give it to you free?)

Interestingly, it's about the same price in NZ, NZ$51.40 (slightly more expensive but similar, and we have 15% gst here). You know the strips have to be cheap because this is the only brand of meter supported by the NZ government. :)

Thanks for sharing, I'll be interested to know your opinion if you do get one. The text on electronic devices seems to get smaller all the time and given I've got very low level cataracts I suspect it'll get worse before it gets better.

I don't use one but I work with someone who is severely visually impaired who does and it really helps him enormously. He couldn't do his tests independently without it. The voice can be heard all over our classroom and the text is clear.

It definitely uses the Caresens N strips, as in a crisis, I've "lent" some test strips from my old spare Caresens N meter. (At least, to cover his embarrassment that's what he's told it is - for complex reasons, which I'm not going to explain, it was worth buying a tub of strips for such emergencies and it's maybe once a term it's needed. Also means I leave that meter at work for my own emegencies.)

I can't vouch for how long it lasts but as I use, or have used, all the Caresens range I also reckon 2 - 3 years use! Think my current Tee2 is on its fourth year, but it's my other backup meter.

Reactions: EllieM

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@EllieM I have had a search around to see if there is a Caresens here Australia where you can get a free one, like the way Abbottt, Accu-Chek and Contour give them away for free.

I could not find a free one for you, but this website popped up as the importer in Australia (I think) and they give Caresens freebies to the medical professionals.

We supply FREE CareSens meters to diabetes heath care professionals - have a chat with them about which meter is right for you.

https://www.pharmacodiabetes.com.au/products/meters/caresens-n-voice/

Another site which might be helpful

https://ade.adea.com.au/caresens-n-voice-the-meter-that-talks/