Discoverd Trick

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
Hi all from across the pond,

I came this trick a couple months when I started a new job ........ I discovered that my glucose meter keeps a 1 and 2 month glucose average. I use the information and use it with the calculator at the following website:

https://professional.diabetes.org/diapro/glucose_calc

I get a approximated A1C value and use the information to determine if things are alright. Doing this I was able to catch things before my numbers went out of control. This does not replace an A1C test, but you can see trends before seeing a doctor. Also the information could be used as a justification for an actual test.

Some of you may already know this, but I thought should share this ......

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Indeed, my meter records average of current day, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days and 90 days. However I prefer to enter my readings into the MySugr app as this calculates my estimated HbA1c automatically whilst eliminating any dodgy readings taken with the meter (unclean hands etc…) or readings from friends who ask me to check their blood sugar out of curiosity!
It is a useful feature for some though, thanks for pointing it out.

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Carry out out pizza commercials on the TV and people bringing in a fresh box of glazed donuts to work !!! (They are evil)
Indeed, my meter records average of current day, 7 days, 14 days, 30 days and 90 days. However I prefer to enter my readings into the MySugr app as this calculates my estimated HbA1c automatically whilst eliminating any dodgy readings taken with the meter (unclean hands etc…) or readings from friends who ask me to check their blood sugar out of curiosity!
It is a useful feature for some though, thanks for pointing it out.
No problem and thank you

Reactions: Rachox
D

Deleted member 543160

Yes it's a handy tool to have! My meter will provide my 7, 14, 30 & 90 day averages, and can also show for each category - fasting, pre and post meal readings - how many are within, above or below a user defined target range which I like to keep my eye on too.

I use our diabetes.co.uk HbA1c converter .

My meter can also upload all its data r to software on my PC, which provides all sorts of statistics and graphs.

DCB 2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The web page that I gave out works for both units, mg/dl and mol. if you have calculator that works for you great !!!!!!!!!