What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Atkins bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and orange chia pudding with LC nutty granola.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices of middle bacon, two and a half eggs (the half egg was all I could catch before it went down the plug hole in the sink) and cheese omelette for breakfast.
Tub of chobani yoghurt, lemon cordial and Osmolax cocktail for smoko.
Roast rolled belly pork, and veggies and gravy for a later lunch.
Cold pork and lettuce in a low carb wrap, half a mandarin for supper at six seven.

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wednesday 3 November bed 6.3 FBG 6.7. I do hope everyone is feeling better what with dental visits and isolation. We're still a bit congested but it's starting to clear finally. My booster is on 8 November and I'm told to attend and they'll decide then whether to rebook me or not. I'm refusing both and I've booked at Boots at the end of the month for the flu jab.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast and egg mayo.
L. Nothing
D. Prawns, lettuce, 1/2 avocado and poached salmon. DGF Cookie.

Thursday 4 November bed 6.3 FBG 6.6

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with whipped cheese.
L. Nothing
D. Cauliflower and Kale soup. Slice of SLC bread.

Friday 5 November bed 6.4 FBG 6.6

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with whipped cheese.
L. Nothing
D. Bunless cheeseburger with salad and coleslaw.. Last DGF cookie (but I ordered more)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was some of yesterday's leftover lc crumble with a little custard and some cream. It's the usual nuts and seeds and berries but tastes extra good when you think it's been made into something different. Leftover cold crumble was always a favourite as a child, especially for breakfast.
Walk
Lunch was cheese and cucumber. Had done a freezer audit do the boys ate up some wraps found lurking
D: roast pork carrots broccoli and peppers, gravy. Later some seeds and cream

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cup of tea
B: black coffee, spinach frittata
L: 2 pork steaks, broccoli, cauliflower, onion gravy, blackberry crumbly thing with elmlea ( blackberries in a ramekin, 2 spoons ground almonds, 1 spoon dessicated coconut couple of crushed pecans) baked
D: few slices roast chicken, bowl of raw spinach, d:g cheese, walnuts, homemade shortbread (from freshwell app) sleep tea
S: 2 cheese strings
3 bottles of water
Larry says 5.9

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 6 November - bed 6 4 FBG 6.8. Did a Sainsburys click & collect yesterday and went straight to collect it after the early morning run to jujitsu with the boys. That gave me most of the day to myself as the weather was ghastly.

B. Just TAG
L. 2 slices of SLC toast and pate. Glass of V8
D. Courgetti carbonara. One of these Lidl mini bars of dark raspberry chocolate.

Sunday 7 November - bed and FBG both 7 2

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.
L. Nothing - swimming lesson day.
D. Actually had a starter today, King prawn, smoked salmon, lettuce and Marie Rose sauce. Duck breast, mini cob, parsnip, asparagus and 1/2 a roast potato. Usual campari and soda. I was hungry after all my limited food days. I've she'd 8 lbs thanks to this bug. Not complaining though.

Got my covid booster this morning (Monday 8 Nov). They said since I was recovering from this bug it would be fine and they agreed with my allergies it was probably sensible to separate the jabs. So flu remains at the chemist at the end of the month. I was given Moderna today (last 2 were Pfizer) and I had no reaction to it so I was released after 25 mins.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been away for a few days so I have some catching up to do but will post today’s grub first.
B- 90 sec mug bread toasted, topped with marmite and fried eggs.
L- poblano peppers (10days past sell by but still fine) tossed in olive oil and air fried. Topped with torn mozzarella DGF blondie
D- some lc stuffing I’m experimenting with for Christmas - fried up with leftover cabbage and topped with fried egg. Very odd but surprisingly delicious.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Skipped breakfast
Exercise class (gentle)
L: 100g camembert on m&s seedy crackers with cucumber. 2 portions of yoghurt sugar free jelly
Then wallop, migraine totally out of the blue about 3 pm. Was the third in a week but the other 2 had been later in the evenings.
This one knocked me to sleep for over 3 hours
Woke starving.
D: pork reheated with mushrooms in mushroom soup. 3 more crackers with coleslaw. 1 more portion yoghurt jelly.

Wish I knew what was causing this spate of migraines. 3 in 7 days is too many. And the hurt much and totally stop all other life and activity. :banghead:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@MrsA2 hugs for inexplicable migraine, hope they go away soon, and @maglil55 hugs for your bug sounds nasty although great weight loss bonus! @DJC3 welcome back - you’ve been missed. @Debmcgee looks like you are doing well hope it’s reflected in your bloods too
@Rachox hope your tooth and jaw are less painful now - I’m improving but restrained in my food choices still! @Riva_Roxaban thinking of you you are dealing with lots with your health and it’s all credit to you that you keep on track with low carb.
@DEBBIESCOTT must look up the shortbread recipe on the freshwell app did it work well?ive had a look at the app when it was launched but not checked out the recipes on it. Only thing that I noticed from your food list that could be an issue is Elmlea as cream or yoghurt is lower carb. Something I fell foul of in the early days of low carb!I mainly use fage Greek yoghurt or double cream and also use lacto free milk in coffee.
Lunch two boiled eggs with hm lc bread roll followed by Greek yoghurt
Mid pm two squares of 90% chocolate and a few walnuts and Brazil nuts
Dinner frittata with salad followed by lc crumble.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox hope your tooth and jaw are less painful now - I’m improving but restrained in my food choices still![/QUOTE]

Thanks for asking @shelley262 , but unfortunately the pain has been getting gradually worse, I was back at the dentist this afternoon, he says I have developed ‘dry socket’ (Google it if you don’t know what it is!), so he has given me some treatment to help correct it and ease things for me. Anyway back on the soft food for dinner!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: coffee shop coconut cappuccino and a Carb Killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Atkins bar.
Dinner: cheesy scrambled eggs with marmite on LC bread followed by SF jelly and cream.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Riva_Roxaban thinking of you you are dealing with lots with your health and it’s all credit to you that you keep on track with low carb.
Thanks for the thoughts @shelley262, my daily carb intake is not as low as some of the posters that low carb. I am any up to about 150 grams of carbs a day. I think some days it might be a bit more as I think that the T2 diabetes is not going to kill me so I eat stuff that I normally would not at times.

I had several high readings after eating more of my partners sorbet stash than I should in the freezer yesterday, but it's nice and cold that puts out the fire in my colon.

As long as I can keep my bgl down so I get a reasonable hba1c, my new GP has told me that she is not going to roust on me it they do creep up. I am happy with that.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like a very good reason to dig into their sorbet stash!
The coffee gelato is very nice as well, there's a brand new 1 litre tub in the freezer that has not been opened yet. It's just a matter of time as Carol Lloyd would say, then I give it a go as well. ;)

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices of middle bacon, three egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes for breakfast.
Two ANZAC biscuits, lemon cordial with Osmolax for smoko.
Grilled rib steak, green veggies, and gravy, couple of small spoonfuls of lemon / lime sorbet for lunch.
Two slices of low carb cheese on toast, lemon jelly for supper at six.

I can get my Covid booster shot on the 21st December as it will be six months after my second AZ shot in June.

Nice xmas present. :D

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
At last! I've managed to log in. For some unknown reason I seem to have been locked out for nearly 4 days. Even earlier this morning (another one of my night shifts) I still couldn't access anything on the diabetes website apart from the home page. It was a bad time as well - legs really bad and I couldn't get around the house so I could only sit and watch rubbish on my little kitchen TV. Anyway, great to be able to get back.

Can't remember the last few days food - I know there wasn't much of it and I have been forced to throw food away because I hadn't got around to using it in time. Hate doing that.

So far today I have had 2 cups of tea but I have to give myself a shake and make an odd sort of breakfast of 2 lamb chops - must make sure I have them before they go off as well. Not sure about the rest of the day.

Yesterday I had 2 fried eggs on a slice of wholemeal toast for breakfast.
Lunch was a packet of ready salted crisps.
Evening meal was a frittata with tomato and mozzarella - both needing to be used up, already past their use-by dates.

All fairly high carb but I was just fed up and couldn't be bothered. Doesn't take much to make me feel down these days. It doesn't help that my washing machine broke down and even Neil can't fix it. Not surprising - it's 7 years old and in the first 3 years it was on almost 24/7 trying to keep up with the washing required to care for my husband. So it's completely worn out. Can't afford a new one just now - waiting to see just how much the Scenic is going to cost to repair. Luckily, DIL is running a laundry service so she can add me to her list of clients meantime.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
At last! I've managed to log in. For some unknown reason I seem to have been locked out for nearly 4 days. Even earlier this morning (another one of my night shifts) I still couldn't access anything on the diabetes website apart from the home page. It was a bad time as well - legs really bad and I couldn't get around the house so I could only sit and watch rubbish on my little kitchen TV. Anyway, great to be able to get back.
I'm sorry that happened, especially at a moment the forum would have been a good distraction for you!

Seems to have been a forum wide issue.
For me my computer logged in just fine automatically, but when I tried logging in in incognito modus, having to fill out my username and password, it gave me an error message.

Very happy the problem seems to be solved now!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sorry that happened, especially at a moment the forum would have been a good distraction for you!

Seems to have been a forum wide issue.
For me my computer logged in just fine automatically, but when I tried logging in in incognito modus, having to fill out my username and password, it gave me an error message.

Very happy the problem seems to be solved now!

Thanks @Antje77. All's well that ends well. I was feeling rather excluded because I could see other people getting onto the forum and I thought I must have broken some rule inadvertently and nobody would tell me.

Had my 2 lamb chops for breakfast. Didn't enjoy them, sadly and was feeling that food was stuck in my throat. Eventually had a couple of teaspoons of yoghurt and that sorted it out. Beginning to feel a bit peckish now so will probably have scrambled eggs for lunch.

Actually managed to get 2 delivery slots from Tesco one on 20th and one on 27th November. I've decided to try some ready-made food, which I normally wouldn't dream of, but it would mean that there would be something to eat without much effort, or without standing cooking for too long. I have been using my rollator (it has a seat on it) when I need to get around or to get to a slightly higher level than seated on a chair, but there is a distance between me and the cooking surface which is an uncomfortable reach but better than sitting in the wheelchair - it's far too low for my kitchen surfaces.