What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.9 an hour later, slept in after toss and turn night. Happy Tuesday All. Happy hols @ianpspurs and safe travel.
Thanks @PenguinMum. After a terrifying visit to a local supermarket yesterday I will feel much safer on a plane with rules and "entry fees." Did I just dream COVID and people not tell me? Hug for the fbg - at times Elsie is like wearing a paper raincoat in a thunderstorm,

Last edited:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @PenguinMum. After a terrifying visit to a local supermarket yesterday I will feel much safer on a plane with rules and "entry fees." Did I just dream COVID and people not tell me? Hug for the fbg - at times Elsie is like wearing a paper raincoat in a thunderstorm,
Hop you have a good holiday Ian

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope cheering Team D on is still within the Ts and Cs of the small print. @DJC3 HIIT may spike bg short term but long term it is right for longevity. We both know The D ain't always the biggest, baddest monster in the woods. @JohnEGreen @karen8967 @DEBBIESCOTT @Estragon and @garyclark82 and @Marianne67 :woot: Go Team D.

Thanks, I hope you’re right about Hiit long term, but you’re definitely right about big D not always being the baddest monster in the woods!

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today which was a relief after over a week in the high 6s.
Havea bit of a cold and a run of migraines so hoping that was the cause of the higher run.

Reactions: karen8967

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Back again after not posting for about 3 weeks. After two weeks of higher fasting levels (all my fault as too lazy to exercise), have been back to my normal for the last five days.

Fasting blood sugars for the last three mornings were 4.7, 5.4 and 5.1.

@ianpspurs -- enjoy your time at Paphos, temperatures sound enviable.
@karen8967 -- wonderfully consistent fbgs -- sound as if you got this sussed.
@PenguinMum -- Hugs for the wayward fasting levels. I doubt whether a teaspoon of mash would have made such a tremendous difference on blood sugars (when calculating weight (probably 10g) times grams of carbs per 100 (20g), this would come out to about to 2g of carbs altogether).
@MrsA2 -- Hugs for the cold and the migraines. Judging by your lower levels, it sounds as if you are on the mend.

Last edited:

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 for me, after a minor indiscretion last night.

The menfolk had take away pizza, I had some 'jalapeno poppers' (jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese and deep fried), they are very nice, but breadcrumb coating and deep frying meant my numbers went higher than I'd like for a couple of hours after eating them. I am very happy with the response this morning.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.1. I seem to have Cystitis though not bad still could be enough to cause the bad week. Yesterday morning spent couple of hours hard labour transplanting small trees and shrubs so the rest of day was comatose on sofa with painkillers and antihistamine for oak rash!
@ziggy_w thanks for the kind words and its great to see you back. Happy Wednesday All.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3