Libre 2 Compatible Phones

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would suggest that the Samsung A52 will work as well, I cant test mine for you but the it has NFC which works exceptionally well on it.

sgm14

Not sure if you want all phones or just new ones as mine probably isn't sold any more.

Manufacturer : Motorola
Model : moto g(6)
Model number : XT1925-5.

A word of warning, I have a UK model which works well, but some models of this phone, including I believe the US version do not have NFC and hence do not work at all!

I have even seem some people say the UK Dual SIM Moto G6 Play does not have NFC, whereas the UK Single SIM version does!

Very confusing and I made sure when I was buying it that I could return it if it did not work with LibreLink.

Reactions: PaulAshby

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It would be impossible for Abbott to test compatibility with all models of phones combined with all the versions of operating system.
If you have a phone working well with Libre 2 please add it to the thread. I will make a list when there are enough entries. The OS version is probably in settings / about.
Sony
Xperia XZ1 Compact (G8441)
Android 9

PaulAshby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Just got a new mobile from Motorola and the libre 2 app works well with it it's the Moto G Pro, nice and cheap.

coimc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone tried with an Alcatel? It has NFC and the app loads ok but not tried with a sensor :)

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Libre 2 with LibreLink works very well with iPhone 14 Pro on iOS 16.0.3 :)

minituner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Strange but true fact. There's not one 'rugged' phone which will work with Freestyle. I've made Abbot aware of this and told Cat as well . So no builders\farmers\outdoor types have Diabetes then.!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Strange but true fact. There's not one 'rugged' phone which will work with Freestyle. I've made Abbot aware of this and told Cat as well . So no builders\farmers\outdoor types have Diabetes then.!
Can it be that's because the housing is too sturdy to let the NFC signal through?

Nova Star

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone know if any of the Doogee phone's (of any type) are compatible with the freestyle libre 2 and the Omni pod dash system also? I'm confused trying to find the right phone that is compatible with both devices. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

rover44

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My Samsung A21s (Android 12 ) works ok ish with libre 2 sensor, does need to be very still and correct angle but will scan through a thick winter coat. My phone contract is ending soon and I need a phone with more storage 32GB not enough anymore, so in a panic to find a newer model that will still work well. I don't have a libre 2 reader to fall back on.

Arthur09

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have ulefone Armour 8 pro that seems to work but not great. I keep getting re scan messages when trying go take a reading but it does work eventually. I think it's down to the app rather than the phone..

j.d.ice

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Galaxy A51 works well. My sister though has a galaxy A5 which doesn't work. After ringing libre help line they've confirmed it won't work and are sending her a reader to read her sensor libre 2

Leda

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have ulefone Armour 8 pro that seems to work but not great. I keep getting re scan messages when trying go take a reading but it does work eventually. I think it's down to the app rather than the phone..
Armor 24 Don't work at all

Diadon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone know if any of the Doogee phone's (of any type) are compatible with the freestyle libre 2 and the Omni pod dash system also? I'm confused trying to find the right phone that is compatible with both devices. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!
No it doesn't work

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Been a long time since this topic was started.

But I can from my own experience say the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 & successor 10+ works well…
I use old phones. (Cheaper.)

Beast of a battery life too..

Diadon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Since I am using a closed-loop system with AndroidAPS for my child, the size of the phone is important. Previously, I used a Cubot Mini 3, which worked well, but it has broken, and now I am in search of a new one.