What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow Team D, just wow. @DEBBIESCOTT exemplary start to the day diabetic or not, just my opinion obviously; @Estragon ” Stability through continual instability" basically UK history 2014-2021, discuss. Totally random? no, we just don't know enough about managing The D monster despite what some claim; @JohnEGreen some roller coaster; @DisFanJen @DJC3 @mojo37 @Ryhia @PenguinMum and anyone I missed hugs/elbow bumps. Elsie is one of them it is better to have loved and lost etc gels. Team D Chillax, we got this but long term - big picture y'all.

Last edited:

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning - after a day yesterday where I felt like I could eat my own leg for most of it. Thankfully human leg meat is low carb. At least the craving wasn't for cake.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.6 this morning.

One of the families in the house I work in brought a small plate of spicy chicken pasta into the office. My manager had told her how good it smelt!! She is vegan so declined it. I felt bad for her so took one for the team. Just tested my blood an hr later (forgot meter this morning!) 4.9! First time I have had that much carbs in a long while, went low card before I even knew I was diabetic. Makes me less worried for my daughters wedding in December when it’s Pizzas for dinner. I won’t be indulging in heavy carbs like that until then just to be safe though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just tiptoe-ing quietly back into the fives with a 5.9
@garyclark82 well done, I love nice surprises like that.
@Marianne67 what a great pasta result! My daughter is also considering pizza after her wedding next year, I’m trying to persuade her a hog roast would be better!
@ianpspurs I don’t know what time you are jetting off tomorrow but in case you don’t pop in here beforehand, have a great holiday in the sun.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just tiptoe-ing quietly back into the fives with a 5.9
@garyclark82 well done, I love nice surprises like that.
@Marianne67 what a great pasta result! My daughter is also considering pizza after her wedding next year, I’m trying to persuade her a hog roast would be better!
@ianpspurs I don’t know what time you are jetting off tomorrow but in case you don’t pop in here beforehand, have a great holiday in the sun.
Yay for tiptoeing through the tulips into fiveland - the girl C dun good, innit. I'm told we must be at Stanstead by 6.00 am so leave here around 5.00 am. Pizza after a wedding? Sheesh. I live in Little America but c'mon that is really plumbing the depths.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yay for tiptoeing through the tulips into fiveland - the girl C dun good, innit. I'm told we must be at Stanstead by 6.00 am so leave here around 5.00 am. Pizza after a wedding? Sheesh. I live in Little America but c'mon that is really plumbing the depths.
Wish I was going have not been to Paphos for years well maybe next year with a bit of luck enjoy your trip.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT