Update

Hm112819

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I thought I should post an update on my progress.

Diagnosed as type 2 in Feb 2017 at 57mmol, 20ish stone, 35 yearold.

Undertook a crash diet following the Newcastle diet and lost 4 stone, in 2 months.

Added daily excersise and lost 2 more stone. Then reverted back to a balanced diet.

I got tested for 2 years and sat consistently at 32mmol. Didn't get tested the last 2 years, but kept excerising and maintained weight.

Just been tested and I’m 33mmol.

Not looking for praise, but I know this is the type of post I’d have wanted to see years ago.

thankyou for all the help and support.

Reactions: Impoftheyard

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!

Undertook a crash diet following the Newcastle diet and lost 4 stone, in 2 months.

Added daily excersise and lost 2 more stone. Then reverted back to a balanced diet.

I got tested for 2 years and sat consistently at 32mmol. Didn't get tested the last 2 years, but kept excerising and maintained weight.

Not looking for praise, but I know this is the type of post I’d have wanted to see years ago.

Whether you're looking for it or not by golly you DESERVE praise!!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely news and success :) x

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

So inspiring, thanks for sharing.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks for the inspirational update.
I've seen a few post lately on various forums where people with a relatively low diagnostic level were able to regain BG control after doing the hard yards.
It annoys me when Google tells you that A1c 42 - 47 (pre-diabetes) is a reversible condition & A1c >47 is a progressive chronic condition.
The spectrum is far more nuanced than that those who have just gone over the tipping point of diagnosis still have a chance at regaining control.

Did you find that those additional 2st improved your PPs much as in could you tolerate more carbs ?
When you say "balanced diet" how many carbs per day do you reckon.

Did you use your meter at all during this time or is it in the back of a press somewhere ?

Bang on, it's the reason we come hear, to find out there is hope.
Incidentally, what does your nurse/doctor have to say about your wonderful progress ?