What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Mezza n

Spotted that @DJC3 has given you link they do new products and restocks every Friday at 7pm but often go out of stock quickly. They do have lots of regular stuff on the site though and some things are made regularly in larger quantities think the Christmas box they are launching tomorrow may be on offer until Christmas. I do know though that they’ve only made a small amount of their new keto milk chocs as advent chocs so they may not be on for long.

Mezza n

Spotted that @DJC3 has given you link they do new products and restocks every Friday at 7pm but often go out of stock quickly. They do have lots of regular stuff on the site though and some things are made regularly in larger quantities think the Christmas box they are launching tomorrow may be on offer until Christmas. I do know though that they’ve only made a small amount of their new keto milk chocs as advent chocs so they may not be on for long.

Thank you @shelly262 I will look at 7 tonight can’t wait to get some nice treats the Christmas box sounds great, it’s so hard this time of year
With all the goodies in shops etc. ..exited

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com
Be warned they are seriously more-ish

Checked out the link - their products look wonderful. Unfortunately, they contain ingredients that make me ill, so I'll just have to do without. :arghh: Very envious!

Nothing to eat yet - just some tea around 2.30 am and then some more at 7.30. I was dozing when No 2 son phoned at 7.15 to ask if I could get Em ready for school because DIL had tried a new tea (recommended by Neil) and had developed a really severe migraine. She arrived in pyjamas and dressing gown, straight out of bed with her bags and baggage (school bag, lunch box and school clothes). So gave her my tablet and a cup of tea and the big chair to snuggle into for a while. Then it was time for her breakfast - she asked for bacon with melted cheese (odd mixture) and seemed to enjoy that. DIL has actually applied for a job in social care for the winter (the laundry mostly does work for summer lets and will be quiet for the next few months) so this early visit might become the norm until next spring. She'll be back here after school as well.

Breakfast beckons. I'll use the last of the bacon and a couple of eggs.

2nd meal will be kale soup. I didn't, after all, put chilli in the soup because I tasted it while in process and it was fine without, and the only chillis I had were little birds eye ones, and they are pretty hot. The kale was cavolo nero - there was no curly kale that Neil could see in the shop. I cooked it longer than normal because I think that it is a bit tougher than curly kale. Should be fine today.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Checked out the link - their products look wonderful. Unfortunately, they contain ingredients that make me ill, so I'll just have to do without. :arghh: Very envious!

Nothing to eat yet - just some tea around 2.30 am and then some more at 7.30. I was dozing when No 2 son phoned at 7.15 to ask if I could get Em ready for school because DIL had tried a new tea (recommended by Neil) and had developed a really severe migraine. She arrived in pyjamas and dressing gown, straight out of bed with her bags and baggage (school bag, lunch box and school clothes). So gave her my tablet and a cup of tea and the big chair to snuggle into for a while. Then it was time for her breakfast - she asked for bacon with melted cheese (odd mixture) and seemed to enjoy that. DIL has actually applied for a job in social care for the winter (the laundry mostly does work for summer lets and will be quiet for the next few months) so this early visit might become the norm until next spring. She'll be back here after school as well.

Breakfast beckons. I'll use the last of the bacon and a couple of eggs.

2nd meal will be kale soup. I didn't, after all, put chilli in the soup because I tasted it while in process and it was fine without, and the only chillis I had were little birds eye ones, and they are pretty hot. The kale was cavolo nero - there was no curly kale that Neil could see in the shop. I cooked it longer than normal because I think that it is a bit tougher than curly kale. Should be fine today.

Such a shame about the DGF cakes not being suitable for you, it would have been nice if you could have had an occasional goody. You seem to be having such a hard time of things recently.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Such a shame about the DGF cakes not being suitable for you, it would have been nice if you could have had an occasional goody. You seem to be having such a hard time of things recently.

Not as bad as some. I suppose my health isn't getting any better but the car/washing machine issues seem to be sorting themselves out. My brother didn't have cancer; I don't have cancer. The arthritis problem is partly my own fault because I deliberately did nothing while I was nursing my husband and let my general health deteriorate, so they couldn't operate on my knees. What do they say? "Things can only get better!" Have to hope so anyway. The kale soup is very good, so that's a plus point and Em is currently in my bed with my tablet and a cup of tea and a biscuit. That's another plus point.

And I don't get migraines any more. That's a definite plus.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb admire your positive thinking and sounds lovely having Em with you.
Lunch cheese and tomato omelette with one lc hm roll followed by Greek yoghurt
Mid pm three squares of 90% chocolate and a few nuts - Brazil’s and walnuts
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with asparagus and glass of dry white wine followed by DGF blondie warmed with spoon of cream.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb that’s a lovely positive outlook, it never helps to dwell on the bad things but sometimes it’s hard not to. Well done you and a hug to Em.
Today I drank black coffee until lunchtime. Dental appt ( just hygienist) this morning and I was told off for drinking so much coffee!
Lunch - IP ham and cabbage soup saw BG shoot up to 8.9. I realised that when I’ve made it before I’ve cooked the potatoes separately and just added them to the carbivore bowls. I didn’t do that this time and although I didn’t eat any of the spuds I think some of the potato starch must have leached out into the broth. Shan’t make that mistake again.
Dinner- rotisserie slow roast boned shoulder of lamb. Oh my goodness it was fab-u-lous! Cauli mash and green beans with garlic butter and almonds.
I’ve been refreshing the DGF website for the last 20 mins to nab some of the mince pies and Christmas puds before they sell out. They are v expensive, I hope they’re worth it.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 soft dippy eggs with 2 slices hm lc cheesy soda bread. The latter cuts perfectly into batons just right for dipping. There no point to a dippy egg if there's nothing to dip into it. These 2 were perfect and made a good start to the day.

Mid afternoon: reduced prawns 90p for 200g bargain.
Had some other reduced bargains from the supermarket too. 2 sirloin steaks £1.98 now in the freezer. And a whole hot chicken £2.50, now cooled and in the fridge for tomorrow.

Best of all 2 kg of pork ribs for £3.00. they've been cooked Chinese style using a Caldesi recipe , and eaten for dinner.
One celebratory glass red wine, and a note to self to try that supermarket at 13:30 on a Friday again.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 6 M & S Seeded crackers doubled up and filled with butter & cheese. Mug of Earl Grey Tea

Brunch - Large mushroom & onion omlette.

Finally, managed this week to get some dgf white chocolate & lemon cookies to try and also mixed christmas box (I was on the buzzer quick at 7pm this week). @DJC3 I saw the christmas pies & puddings but I felt they were too expensive - if you get them let me know how good they are if they are worth it and I may treat myself before christmas

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: (went to visit Mum on south coast, took her out for lunch, she’s now in a care home :() found a lovely independent coffee shop, looked at the menu and thought I would struggle, a lot of bread based stuff. However they served me a lovely tuna and mayo salad, followed by a Carb Killa bar from my handbag and a small cappuccino.
Late afternoon: black coffee and phd bar.
Late Dinner after driving home: salmon and cream cheese sandwich (LC bread) with coleslaw and three baby yellow tomatoes followed by lemon and white chocolate DGF cookie

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 6 M & S Seeded crackers doubled up and filled with butter & cheese. Mug of Earl Grey Tea

Brunch - Large mushroom & onion omlette.

Finally, managed this week to get some dgf white chocolate & lemon cookies to try and also mixed christmas box (I was on the buzzer quick at 7pm this week). @DJC3 I saw the christmas pies & puddings but I felt they were too expensive - if you get them let me know how good they are if they are worth it and I may treat myself before christmas

Will do. They certainly are expensive and there are only 6 per box. Tbh I didn’t really look at the price until I got to checkout then had a mini panic!

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two Mexican sausages, two egg and cheese omelette, tomatoes mushrooms for breakfast.
Tub of yoghurt, lemon cordial and Osmolax for smoko.
Sand crabs and a mixed salald for lunch.
Leftover lunch in a low carb wraps, blackberries and a couple of spoon full of lemon / lime sorbet for supper at six.

I had my first ever taste of blackberries today and my first thoughts were " Yes! where the %$#$% have you been in my life. I can see why my parents raved on about them. Going to get more if they still have them available.

I made an appointment for my covid booster shot #3 on December 23, an early Pfizer xmas present, my partner has to wait till January for hers.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Very nice meal based on a meal I was served when working on a ship once, when it was cooked by teenagers. I think their recipe was based on the Swiss dish 'geschnetzeltes', but they used seasoned shawarma meat instead of whatever is used for geschnetzeltes usually.
I also think they read the recipe wrong and used at least three times the amount of cream they were supposed to, or maybe they substituted the wine in the recipe (which they weren't allowed to use) by cream.
Anyway, their meal, years ago, tasted heavenly and I didn't ask for the recipe, so all I knew was shawarma and cream, and just last week when I described the dish to a German friend she asked if it could have been geschnetzeltes by any chance!

My version was with vegetarian shawarma, creme fraiche, onions, mushrooms and white wine, and I used green beans as a substitute for the rice/pasta/rösti.
Very nice meal!

One of my dogs looks and smells like she had a different meal. At a guess, neighbour-in-the-garden had marinated spareribs on the outside grill, and my very small white dog found the package and made a meal of the marinade. She came in all wet from the rain (not something she likes usually) with a bright orange face, presumably from sticking her head in the empty package. :D:hungry:
Lucky dog!

255047226_10224619186621446_4645290042441657604_n.jpg

Last edited:

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my first ever taste of blackberries today and my first thoughts were " Yes! where the %$#$% have you been in my life. I can see why my parents raved on about them. Going to get more if they still have them available.
Of course the best memories are of foraging your own as a family equipped with bowls, umbrellas and sticks, the latter to hold back the long thorny shoots. The best ones are always at the top, just out of reach so over reaching and falling in the scratchy Bush was common. And avoiding the under or over ripe ones and trying to get them just right. We used to gorge on them for a couple of weeks or Mum would make jam which is very pippy, or better still Bramble Jelly which was sieved. The kitchen smelt wonderful. Also Apple and Blackberry pie or crumble. Heaven.
Nowadays they go in the freezer which doesn't have quite the same memories, but we do still try to do at least one picking session together

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like fun foraging for them @MrsA2, I can see why they are on the noxious weed list here in Queensland because of them creeping amongst the native stuff and forming safe havens for feral animals.

I wonder how they got permission to farm them in Victoria.????

We need GM thornless non creepin varieties that grow on a bush. ;)

Blackberry infestations form dense thickets that out-compete most other plants and provide food and shelter for pests such as rabbits and foxes.

https://www.business.qld.gov.au/ind...iseases/invasive-plants/restricted/blackberry

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like fun foraging for them @MrsA2, I can see why they are on the noxious weed list here in Queensland because of them creeping amongst the native stuff and forming safe havens for feral animals.

I wonder how they got permission to farm them in Victoria.????

We need GM thornless non creepin varieties that grow on a bush. ;)

https://www.business.qld.gov.au/ind...iseases/invasive-plants/restricted/blackberry
Brave man eating them after October 11th…at least according to legend. Maybe being in the Southern Hemisphere changes the date

Reactions: Antje77

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Brave man eating them after October 11th…at least according to legend. Maybe being in the Southern Hemisphere changes the date
Never heard of a specific date associated with blackberries. What is that about?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast time now. Just heating soup. BG is a bit high so soup should help to keep it lower.

2nd meal will be an omelette with spinach and curd cheese.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I really really really don't like eating breakfast earlier than say 2PM.
But I also wanted to try my first metformin tablet somewhat early in the day, in case either the side effects turn out to be very nasty, or their main effect is more than anticipated and it will drop my BG's the rest of the day.

So I forced myself to eat a piece of soft cheese and a slice of liverwurst, hopefully this will provide enough of a cushion for the tablet.

Anyone remember how long it took before noticing anything after taking metformin?
I feel like I'm 17 again, waiting to see if space cake really does something. (Yes it does, and once was very much enough, never had it again!)

247436556_10224621647922977_2393292253653807659_n.jpg