What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Another 7.1 will I ever see 5s again. Am sticking to less than 30g carbs/day and eat a rotation of same meals but need to start a rigourous testing 48 hours starting tomo due to being out today. Happy Sunday All.

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Urgh!

6.5 this morning.

Had my COVID booster jab and flu jab yesterday and it messed with me big time so I’m assuming that’s why.

Hopefully back to normal in a day or two.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Elbow bumps to all needing them. My fbg can wait since I'm compelled by local byelaws to lie beside the pool in squalor. This is the view from our terrace at 5.00 am UK time. Good to see you back @ziggy_w and to see you in the 5s @DJC3. @PenguinMum if anyone can, you can.

Attachments

• 20211114_083019.jpg
    20211114_083019.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 57

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So results of porridge experiment. Out and about this morning so tested when I could.

08:24 5.4 before breakfast of 3/4 oz porridge made with water and a little cream.
09:11 9.3 surprised at the quick rise.
09:37 11.2 wah! Slightly over 1 hour later.
10.29 7.6 approx 2 hrs later
11:35 6.7 higher than it should be by now.
13:00 lunchtime 4.6 phew!

Don't think I will be repeating any time soon, been longing for porridge but was quite disappointed with the taste. Well cinnamon and apple crumble cake for the OH coming up.

Thanks for taking one for the team! I used to love porridge for breakfast but I’m sure I had a lot more than 3/4 oz. your experiment has stopped any thoughts I might have had on trying it again.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At last.. I made it! Into the 5s , just, with a 5.9. Now the fun starts, as I have to strive to keep it thereabouts, and I am having a family meal later. Will use the red wine medication to mitigate any slight carb transgression that may sneak up when I am not looking.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.5 which is so annoying as I was so much lower early evening having had a long leisurely lunch with the family. I did have a night of nightmares so that must be it. Another Monday, another week, hope for better.

Reactions: DJC3