Carbs And Cals

ellielrs

This was recommended by my nurse. There’s the app and the book. The app is about £4 and available on both apple and android phones. It’s constantly being updated with more foods so it’s definitely worth the money. It has a variety from, nuts to fast food and more. You can put in your own weight of food and it will give you the amount of carbs and calories in the product. You can keep record of what you had for a meal or every meal you had that day and will tell you how many carbs/cals you’ve had that day. It’s very handy. I use it when I’m eating out so I can have an estimate of what I’m having. Overall great app. The book has the basics like cereals, breads, fruits etc but like I said, the app is always adding new products and it’s always with you since it’s on your phone.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hello and welcome. I agree, the Carbs and Cals book helped me enormously when I first tried to get a handle on things.

nicki92

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree, I have the book and the app and find it so useful. The app in particular, as I tried myfitnesspal and a couple of others, but I really like the simplicity of carbs & cals and despite that it still has almost everything that I need.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This was recommended by my nurse. There’s the app and the book. The app is about £4 and available on both apple and android phones. It’s constantly being updated with more foods so it’s definitely worth the money. It has a variety from, nuts to fast food and more. You can put in your own weight of food and it will give you the amount of carbs and calories in the product. You can keep record of what you had for a meal or every meal you had that day and will tell you how many carbs/cals you’ve had that day. It’s very handy. I use it when I’m eating out so I can have an estimate of what I’m having. Overall great app. The book has the basics like cereals, breads, fruits etc but like I said, the app is always adding new products and it’s always with you since it’s on your phone.
Its pretty useful and on Amazon alongside it's friend 'World Foods' in similar pictorial format for those who wonder how many carbs are in a popadom etc.
I ignore the cals !