Medication Review

SOTR

I am due a medication review by phone tomorrow. I got a text from the doctors surgery saying that my last BHA1C level ahs high and they want to talk to me.
As an aside, it pisses me off when they say 'high' - I can understand numbers and it would be helpful compare with the last two or three tests.
I am surprised at being at a high level - I used a Libre2 meter for two weeks of the period and was consistently below 10.
I am on glycazide and metformin. I stopped taking the metformin as it made me feel very quesy and I run to the toilet often - once I left the house and had to run back within 5 minutes and did not quite make it. I really don't want to continue with the Metformin.
I guess I will be labelled a 'naughty boy' - I wish that my GP surgery would embrace the informed/involved patient.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ask for your number when you talk. Have you changed your diet at all?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you’d like to keep on top of your numbers, ask your surgery for on line access to your results, I have and it’s proved very useful. Every surgery in England is supposed to allow that, unfortunately not all comply.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Did the GP offer you Metformin SR (Slow Release) instead of the standard form? It's much kinder. Yes, ask for online access to your records.

Reactions: Rachox

SOTR

Surprisingly positive phone consultation. My HBA1C is 64, down slightly from 67. SO not good enough yet.
I said I was not tolerating Metformin (I have the SR version) and this was accepted without a problem.
SO the suggestion is to up the Glyclazide dose, which I am OK with.