Weekly weigh in - Fridays

MoorT2

Happy Friday All.

No idea what's going on with my blood glucose levels this week but at least my weight is going in the right direction.

82.3 kg this morning.

That's 2.7 kg lower than last Friday though I expect to probably put some of that back on over the weekend.

Reactions: Widgets

Dandelade

Good morning, I hope everyone is enjoying their weight loss journey. I seem to be stuck. I weigh 144lbs but don’t seem to be losing any more. I hope you don’t mind me rejoining your supportive group.:)
Hi @mo53, it’s nice to see new people. And don’t worry plateaus seem to be very normal. Some people use intermittent fasting to kick start it again, or up exercise.

One pound lost this week, under 13st for the first time, yay! I’ve just kept going doing the same low carb thing when my weight loss stopped and my body gave in eventually, albeit at a slower rate.

Good luck :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good morning, I hope everyone is enjoying their weight loss journey. I seem to be stuck. I weigh 144lbs but don’t seem to be losing any more. I hope you don’t mind me rejoining your supportive group.:)
Hi @mo53 I'm back too. It gives me accountability. You? I need to weigh once back home this afternoon. Mid week I was same weight but I live in hope. he he

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ickihun yes it helps me to monitor my weight. I use the morning blood sugar thread in the same way. It helps me to remember to take it and the recording reminds me to stay on course. Hope you are fine:)

BoringBrian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework
74.6 kg today, so I have finally reached my target (going by the NHS BMI website).
I have lost 30kg doing LCHF and 18/6 fasting, no meds luckily.
It’s all thanks to you wonderful people, sharing experiences and encouraging others.

Dandelade

74.6 kg today, so I have finally reached my target (going by the NHS BMI website).
I have lost 30kg doing LCHF and 18/6 fasting, no meds luckily.
It’s all thanks to you wonderful people, sharing experiences and encouraging others.
Wow, what an achievement! Great news

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun yes it helps me to monitor my weight. I use the morning blood sugar thread in the same way. It helps me to remember to take it and the recording reminds me to stay on course. Hope you are fine:)
I've been worse but hopefully new painkillers will make a difference until any benefit from a proposed nerve block happens. Must weigh myself tomorrow now.
Keep up the good work @mo53. It is always worth it. ;)

danziger

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I’ve lost one pound… all month. :arghh:

Turning my attention to portion size now as I realise I’ve been habitually eating what’s on my plate rather than stopping when I’m full, so will try to get better at only eating what I need.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Same this week. Soon to hv steroid injection and maybe a weight gaining tablet to combat it. Oh great joy!

Reactions: Dandelade

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Well, I’ve lost one pound… all month. :arghh:

Turning my attention to portion size now as I realise I’ve been habitually eating what’s on my plate rather than stopping when I’m full, so will try to get better at only eating what I need.
But its one pound less than you weighed before right and that's really good, our bodies are funny things - do not put yourself down before you know it the weight will shift :)

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Down to 75.35kg (11st 12lb) which is about 1kg less than last week so the holiday increase is slowly coming back off. Realised how close Christmas is, may be a challenge but need to keep control!

MoorT2

80.9 kg today :)

Down 1.4kg from last week and only 1kg off my Christmas target of sub 80kg.

BMI 26.7, slowly heading towards to normal

Reactions: SlimLizzy

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.11 stone. Hope i dont lose to much more, though i never hear myself say that :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Same but still hv bloated stomach off/on from same complaint before op time 3yrs ago. Will note if any better after flurosemide xxx