Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1608455992364.jpg

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Does anyone have a recommendation of a pop socket type grip for an iphone 13 without a case? I loved my old popsocket and am used to using one, but I guess on the new iphone 13's they won't directly stick and stay? Because it's glass? I'd hate to have to get a case just so I can use a popsocket. But I guess I might as well ask at the same time in case I have to get a case,what ones do you like on cases too? My husbands is awful as it's hard to use all the buttons super easy. ......The side buttons are important for me as I use the buttons to take pictures while I'm snorkeling.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Patiently sitting at number 3 in the phone queue to book the medication review I was asked to book in September, which I was told I didn't need so the receptionist wouldn't book it despite me saying I needed it, which necessitated an emergency GP call in October to over-ride the system as I was unable to do my repeat prescription because of the lack of a medication review, and which I received a text about today...

Had a bit of a change from diabetes support today in the absence of my two usual suspects and have been doing epilepsy support with a student whose current medication regime is clearly not working and needs changing. (Parents know and are fighting for it.) Still, good to know the refresher training I do patiently every year and have never used before today has taken - our on-site nurses were impressed and wondered out loud after it was all over why I didn't choose nursing rather than education. They would have administered the medication when we realised we were going to have to but I asked if I could just to see if I remembered everything!

Now number 1 in the phone queue....

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
:banghead:;)Sigh...........lol. I made some Cranberry sauce from fresh cranberries. My hubby went shopping and asked me how many 4 by 6 in bags I wanted. Those are small bags get 4. I will have to remember obviously he is bad at measurements as they are 6 by 10 inch large bags. No problem shared some with my neighbor. I used fresh cranberries, water, organic sugar, orange juice, stevia and cinnamon.

Today I had a cup of my cranberry sauce. I had prebolused some because I knew I was going to eat. I will just look up canned cranberry sauce for an estimate of carbs...........WT^^^ 100 carbs per cup??????? no way did I even come close to bolusing for that. Quickly take more insulin for about 50 carbs because I did make it............................and after a bit of course realized I made it with a fourth of the sugar usually used and I used stevia and I bet canned is loaded with even more sugar than a homemade recipe and uh oh. Better calculate.

So 4 bags of cranberries 100 carbs, oj about 30 carbs, sugar 120 carbs and I gave away about a third. 250 carbs total less about 80 and that leaves me with 170 carbs for 8 servings, or about 20-25 carbs per cup.................not even close to the 50 carbs I just bolused for. (or the 100 of canned). And now I am drinking Oj...............:banghead::facepalm:
3 hours later I am sitting at 5.1, so I guess I have now guessed right or at least close. :):):):angelic:

Last edited:

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
It did!!!
Not that great at my BG levels for the day, my prebolusing and judgement of dosing were off. But I enjoyed the food!!!!

Reactions: RVW and Hopeful34