Seed crackers M&S

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I am still munching my way through mine which were out of date on 14/11 and I am pleased to report I am still alive & kicking :hungry::happy::hungry:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I actually called M&S customer service yesterday. I said that folk all over the UK were attempting to hunt them down, but she couldn't say if they will be continued or not, as, it's not something they know. o_O:meh:

I think they were recommended by Slimming World too, so there are probably thousands of people looking for them.
My local M&S has them periodically. I found them by accident, ( and cleared the shelf) they weren’t with the other crackers snd the staff knew nothing about them.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I need to pick up a click and collect order from my M&S tomorrow so will see if they still have them. I have one box in the cupboard, but they will prove useful over Xmas for paté and cheese, so could do with a second one.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just back from M&S Simply Food in Oxford Retail Park, plenty of stock at the moment. However the shelf edge label (a big one, complete with pictures!) said £1.80 per box, but at the till they were 90p. Nice to save some money, however I hope that doesn’t mean they are clearance?

Reactions: jessj

jessj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went in to the local M&S again earlier & happily found a new carton was on the shelf. I didn't clear them out, just took 3 & they were 90p. As they were the first time I bought them. They only take up a little space, in the one I go to, just a carton that is two cracker boxes wide, so hopefully they will continue to sell them. The price being lowered to attract people to try them.

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Picked up 4 reduced boxes in Dartford yesterday, albeit with a short date... not fussed if they go past that really

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder...if we ALL emailed M&S...they must know these are keto/low carb things and you might think they'd be interested in more sales?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder...if we ALL emailed M&S...they must know these are keto/low carb things and you might think they'd be interested in more sales?
I expect they are more interested in shifting the high value Xmas stuff.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I expect they are more interested in shifting the high value Xmas stuff.
For the next month certainly but I would have expected someone at M&S to be taking a slightly longer term view of the business regardless of the season.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I couldn’t find an email address, only phone or chat contacts. So I just tried the chat, not very helpful I’m afraid :(

BB8EBA27-FEED-4995-8B61-CBD9B89CDB5C.jpeg

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I couldn’t find an email address, only phone or chat contacts. So I just tried the chat, not very helpful I’m afraid :(

View attachment 52233

I think that is about the most pathetic response from a well known Retailer that I've ever heard! No attempt made to make some enquiries themselves, just 'speak to your local Manager'! Good luck with that, you'd assume 'local Managers' would only be able to decide on ordering stock that M&S were actually producing hence the question, 'are they being discontinued'.

Reactions: DJC3

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just been into M&S at the Springs in Leeds if anyone lives nearby. They are down to 90p and had a shelf full. Expiry date 5/12 so think that’s why reduced.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any bakers out there?
Can someone make something similar and share the recipe please

jessj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had also looked for an email address, as customer service were useless, couldn't find one though. I did see that they have a presence on Twitter & Facebook. I don't do either, but those of you that do could maybe give that a try.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Any bakers out there?
Can someone make something similar and share the recipe please

I am sure they would be easy enough to make with a bit of help from a baker, they look and taste like a handful of seeds stuck together. The reason I like them is because they are very convenient and can be snatched out of the packet with no thought whatsoever...and no carb counting.....and no insulin!