What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
5.1 for me
emoji4.png
Stunning consistency. Nice one.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So here is a sequence of my whole day averages from Nov 22-25 2015: 4.725, 4.975, 4.975, 4.875 with fbgs of 4.7, 4.8, 5 4, 4.6. From July 17 to that date I had lost >25% of my peak bulk. IMHO the weight loss and entire ecosystem/environment were and remain the key to my personal T2 control. Elsie is a massive inconvenience (read PITA) but stops me eating much - the "swaps" are awful (usually <1880 cals, often <1700) therefore manages weight. The current ecosystem is incapable of consistently delivering those returns however LC I go. Key point: Life changes, bg control is affected, stick with it and roll with the punches.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well this morning I tested with libre reader the libre app on my phone and with finger stab.

reader was 5.1
phone was 5.2
and finger stab 5.0

very consistent and almost ideal numbers for me.:)

Only prob is an hour after had the reader bleeping low glucose warning and insisting I was now at 3.8 swings and roundabouts close the doors they are coming in the windows.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well this morning I tested with libre reader the libre app on my phone and with finger stab.

reader was 5.1
phone was 5.2
and finger stab 5.0

:woot: Thrilled for you, Sir. @PenguinMum @DJC3 have another thought to hang onto each day: The Lord hath chastened and corrected me but he hath not given me over unto death. Choice of Lord is entirely your own. Y'all know mine - it is what it is.:)

Reactions: McHelen

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 at breakfast. Finally getting back together after my numbers hit the roof after the Pfizer jab...

Reactions: karen8967

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:woot: Thrilled for you, Sir. @PenguinMum @DJC3 have another thought to hang onto each day: The Lord hath chastened and corrected me but he hath not given me over unto death. Choice of Lord is entirely your own. Y'all know mine - it is what it is.:)

Thanks for the thought. I liked yesterday’s better though.

Reactions: Jim D

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 at the moment. It’s ridiculously early, I’ve given up trying to sleep again now so I’m listening to the podcast What Rhymes with Purple. Very entertaining and I recommend it to other insomniacs.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

reader was 5.1
phone was 5.2
and finger stab 5.0

Only prob is an hour after had the reader bleeping low glucose warning and insisting I was now at 3.8 swings and roundabouts close the doors they are coming in the windows.
Wish mine was that consistent