Freestyle Libre and phone ringtone

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried the Libre 2 sensor, via a free trial. The sensor fell off in the bath in the first 24 hours, and so the whole thing was a waste of time for me. It is a shame, as the sensor works well, and the ability to check your BG at any minute of the day was fantastic. Since installing the app on my phone, I got no more phone calls. In fact, the calls were received, but I could hear no ringtone, even though the volume on the phone was at the max. If I had the phone next to me, I could see people were ringing, as the phone lit up, but with no "ring". I tried everything, and the last resort was that some app I had installed had probably messed with my settings so I had to do a factory reset of the phone. I think people should be aware if they stop receiving mobile phone calls, it could be interference from the Freestyle Libre app.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Did you contact Abbott about your failing/falling sensor?
They are very good at replacing faulty sensors which would give you a chance to complete the 14 day trial.

As for ringtone issues, I have been using Libre for years and my ringer has never experienced any problems.
It could be coincidence or could be specific to your phone - I have always used Android but have noticed a few more issues with LibreLink on iPhones, for example.

Languagelearner

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are very good at replacing faulty sensors which would give you a chance to complete the 14 day trial.

As for ringtone issues, I have been using Libre for years and my ringer has never experienced any problems.
It could be coincidence or could be specific to your phone - I have always used Android but have noticed a few more issues with LibreLink on iPhones, for example.
Thank you. As it was a free trial, I didn't feel like insisting on a replacement. I see the thing works well, unless you're in the bath.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If you get a replacement you should ensure the adhesive is properly applied I normally use a spoon to gently smooth down the adesive around the sensor I also use something like Tegaderm film over the sensor keeps it safe especially in the bath.

Funnily enough when I removed my last sensor the sensor came away but the adhesive ring stayed in place.

Edit to add no problems with ringtones on my IPhone

Last edited:

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Is your phone an iPhone as some apps can make phone go to silent , turn off and on again if this the case should fix it , I personally haven’t had any bother

Emila

Hi I've just come across this thread. With regard to replacement of faulty sensors, I emailed Abbott to try and get a replacement sensor for my son who has been using the libre 1 for about 3 years. He's 21yrs old and a fourth year student in Newcastle. He recently put a new sensor in and got a message to say it wasn't working and to remove it and start a new one. This is the first time this has happened. I knew he wouldn't do anything about reporting it so I emailed Abbott and they replied asking me (him) to answer 12 questions. When I sent them to my son he just , probably, rolled his eyes and ignored it. But I just keep thinking it's our NHS that pays for these! Everyone seems to say Abbott sends out replacements quickly but do they have to answer 12 questions also??

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
But I just keep thinking it's our NHS that pays for these! Everyone seems to say Abbott sends out replacements quickly but do they have to answer 12 questions also??
I too agree that the NHS should not be paying for faulty, unusable goods so always report a faulty sensor.
I have never emailed, I always phone and am ready with answers to the question. Some questions are easier than other but never too challenging if you do it on the day of the failure.

Reactions: Emila

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I too agree that the NHS should not be paying for faulty, unusable goods so always report a faulty sensor.
I have never emailed, I always phone and am ready with answers to the question. Some questions are easier than other but never too challenging if you do it on the day of the failure.
Yeah at our Libre induction we were advised to always call, never email, when we had a faulty sensor.

Reactions: In Response

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I've just come across this thread. With regard to replacement of faulty sensors, I emailed Abbott to try and get a replacement sensor for my son who has been using the libre 1 for about 3 years. He's 21yrs old and a fourth year student in Newcastle. He recently put a new sensor in and got a message to say it wasn't working and to remove it and start a new one. This is the first time this has happened. I knew he wouldn't do anything about reporting it so I emailed Abbott and they replied asking me (him) to answer 12 questions. When I sent them to my son he just , probably, rolled his eyes and ignored it. But I just keep thinking it's our NHS that pays for these! Everyone seems to say Abbott sends out replacements quickly but do they have to answer 12 questions also??

Yes they send out the sensors but I normally call and the call takes about a minute.
Try getting your son to call them.
They are really good.