Nice approvals for CGM and Looping too

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
See extract below from my consultant, from April 22 NICE have agreed to all T1's having access to CGM. Also it seems that soon there will be news on looping too so hopefully the stronger algorithms (like the Cambridge and DIY) will be released by others. Woo hoo ............

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 10.15.23.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 10.15.23.png
    424.5 KB · Views: 218

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
good news ... thank you for sharing this !!

Reactions: Hopeful34

ElenaP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
See extract below from my consultant, from April 22 NICE have agreed to all T1's having access to CGM. Also it seems that soon there will be news on looping too so hopefully the stronger algorithms (like the Cambridge and DIY) will be released by others. Woo hoo ............

I like the '... T1D to have access to real time CGM..' I attended a pump clinic this afternoon. My current pump is out of warranty, so I'll get another appointment where I'm told about replacement choices. Getting a pump will not be problem, but I was told words to the effect that I may not meet the criteria for a Dexcom because I'm not having many hypos. I was hoping to be able to loop but it seems that is not going to happen.

xenomorph2020

I like the '... T1D to have access to real time CGM..' I attended a pump clinic this afternoon. My current pump is out of warranty, so I'll get another appointment where I'm told about replacement choices. Getting a pump will not be problem, but I was told words to the effect that I may not meet the criteria for a Dexcom because I'm not having many hypos. I was hoping to be able to loop but it seems that is not going to happen.

That was the old NICE guidlines. Now they offering to all T1s so once your local authority has started using the new guidelines you should be able to get it,
I got told same thing but now NICE updated it on March 31st we have to wait for our local funding clinics to update to new guidance too.