Breakfast before gym

milly7uk

Good Evening,
I’m a type 2 diabetic on metformin and sitagliptin. I had a run in with my life coach as he got me to finally understand about starchy carbs. I was eating a small bowl of shredded wheat (Bitesize) or oat bran porridge for breakfast. Any suggestions of a light breakfast before I go to the gym. I do want a small amount of carbs to burn off whilst exercising. I don’t want to eat eggs all the time! TIA

Reactions: fredkwok

Lakeslover

If you Google keto Hana they do a very nice low carb granola. I have it with Greek yoghurt and sometimes a few berries. If you need more carbs you could mix a little normal granola in with it, or have it with milk.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I usually just have a black coffee with coconut oil & a handful of nuts before the gym & have breakfast after, you could try a slice of toast with peanut butter & maybe 1/2 a banana if it doesn’t raise your blood sugar too much

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
If I an hungry I have a handful of nuts or sliced apple with peanut butter and it seems to do the trick

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you have to eat before the gym?
I tend to eat after the gym as it helps me manage dawn phenomenon/foot on the floor liver dump.

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
I tend to eat after the gym as it helps me manage dawn phenomenon/foot on the floor liver dump.
Most of the time now I am not hungry before I work out and only hungry about 2 hours after, crazy as not so long ago I would eat like a horse after and something light before a work out. Guess I must be using my fat stores :happy:

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I go to the gym at 6 am so food is definitely not on the menu , I do suffer from the old” dawn phenomenon “ so I take my bs whilst at gym ,if it rises too much I take a few units to counteract the rise I’m don’t really eat in the morning so it’s not a problem for me , but I must say I do like the occasional 5 eggs scrambled with brown sauce mmmm

milly7uk

I was afraid my bloods dropped too much and I feel rubbish. I just wanted something small I could exercise on without getting a stitch too.

Reactions: Stupot1

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was afraid my bloods dropped too much and I feel rubbish. I just wanted something small I could exercise on without getting a stitch too.
My experience is the morning liver dump counteracts the drop due to cardio exercise