What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 this morning, though as I've been more or less awake since about 3am I'm not quite sure if it counts as first thing or not.

Caffeine is good. Coffee is my friend!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Too stressed to sleep last night because of stuff flying around in the wind and hitting the roof. Eventually gave up trying and went downstairs. Fortunately we have a downstairs room we use as a guest bedroom. Sorted.

6.0 this morning so not too bad actually.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The common theme today seems to be disturbed sleep, unexpected numbers but cheery folk just doing their best. Don't take offence but you can keep Arwen since The Free World needs Forest Heath's hardware and personnel to keep us safe. <20 gms carbs yesterday ought to manage The D but I've no confidence.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Strange day really at 5 am reading 7.7 at 6:21 am 5.5 then 4.9 at 7 am then after breakfast 8.9 now an hour or so later 3.7 would you believe.

Still the snow looked pretty covering the houses this morning. Err who is Arwen I'll stick with our win collectively if you don't mind. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 at 6:21 am 5.5 then 4.9 at 7 am then after breakfast 8.9 now an hour or so later 3.7 would you believe. .... Err who is Arwen I'll stick with our win collectively if you don't mind. :)
The very best of DCUK - when life gives you lemons etc. Take it easy, Sir.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 again, after a decent night's sleep. Even though it did end at 5am, early to bed early to rise makes a woman ... a social misfit mostly.

Reactions: karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.1 - Oh yeah, nearly forgot, I’m a diabetic.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't let being a person who has diabetes define you, you are so much more than a diabetic.
Obviously true but IMHO it circumscribes one. Who here will eat a traditional Sunday lunch or Christmas dinner? Never underestimate/disrespect your opponent. When you get careless/complacent in a fight poo wins. The D plays a full court press/fights to the 4th quarter/last ball/whistle etc. 5.2 here, meh. 1-0 to the bad guy.

Last edited:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Obviously true but IMHO it circumscribes one. Who here will eat a traditional Sunday lunch or Christmas dinner? Never underestimate/disrespect your opponent. When you get careless/complacent in a fight poo wins. The D plays a full court press/fights to the 4th quarter/last ball/whistle etc. 5.2 here, meh. 1-0 to the bad guy.
Sunday isn’t Sunday without a roast, don’t have potatoes or Yorkshire pudding unless we have guests (pharmacist daughter is in the carb camp) will be having Christmas lunch, with 1 roastie (cooked in goose fat) & parsnip, don’t like Christmas pudding anyway

Reactions: DJC3 and Ryhia