What put my BG up?

tangram

After scoring a nice 6.3 after tea last night, today I had a corn beef sandwich with Burgen bread, a packet of Boots healthy shapers crisps with a carb count of 13, and then an Eat natural peanut bar with a carb count of 12, followed by a handful of blueberries.

2 hours later my BG was 7.0. I did my brisk 30 minute walk 5 hours after my lunch and after getting home and showering my BG was 7.3 ? Can anyone help with this, was the baddie I had for dinner still releasing Glucose for it to keep climbing, or did I test to quickly after my walk ? Was it the peanut bar (which did contain glucose) The blueberries, or the crisps? :cry:

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
Well my money would be on testing too soon after the walk. If you ate the sandwich, the crisps and the peanut bar total carbs would be just under 40 so 5 hours down the line it should have cleared.

I have found that testing just after exercise and then a few minutes later can give really wide BG readings. Saturday I got a 3.6 around 2 minutes after jogging up a hill then 7.1 15 minutes later then 5. something half an hour or so after that without eating or drinking anything between the readings. Otherwise unless all the carb counting sites have corned beef wrong its got so be the peanut bar imo try eating it again and maybe do a 2 and 4 hour reading?

tangram

Thx for your opinion, I think it was probably the peanut bar that racked it up, and then testing to soon after exercise....think i will pass on the peanut bar tho !!

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you tested too soon after the shower that may have influenced the result too as extremes of temperature can sometimes affect levels
High temperatures such as saunas can cause low levels I believe, so maybe the heat of the shower dropped you low and caused a liver dump possibly?
Just a thought
Angie

tangram

Ditched the peanut bar today and just ate some Baked Almonds ( Apparently they help lower BG ) and ate everything else I had the day before and got a reading of 4.8 , So the Peanut bar was the villain methinks :problem: