What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrdinaryWorld

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome @OrdinaryWorld I'm not sure how to greet that except to ask if you are ok, used to those numbers or seeking advice? Have a like for being here and a sincere wish for all to be well.
Thank you. I am ok. Struggling with side effects of sugars this high. Am on steroids at the moment which doesn’t help and just been in a hospital for a week where they started me on insulin. I am hoping once well I will see an improvement in numbers

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I am ok. Struggling with side effects of sugars this high. Am on steroids at the moment which doesn’t help and just been in a hospital for a week where they started me on insulin. I am hoping once well I will see an improvement in numbers
Sounds as through you've been through the mill. You take care and keep us all informed.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Larry on phone 11.3
Reader 10.7
Finetest 7.9
Larry reading 3 points over all day yesterday, he’s messing up my libre graphs, surely I can’t have 3 faulty sensors in less than a week
At 7.9 looks like it’s going to be a gliclazide day after the gym, still waiting for hospital appointment

Reactions: karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Good morning
Larry on phone 11.3
Reader 10.7
Finetest 7.9
Larry reading 3 points over all day yesterday, he’s messing up my libre graphs, surely I can’t have 3 faulty sensors in less than a week
At 7.9 looks like it’s going to be a gliclazide day after the gym, still waiting for hospital appointment

If you have gone back to libre1 don't forget the delay between sensor and blood test with meter.

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1, have to be up to go out quite early - so naturally I've been vaguely awake since 5am. Sleep! Hah! Who needs sleep?

(Me, I do, I need sleep!)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Officially winter in UK:bigtears: 5.9 from Swipey - definitely not ok but equally neither carb nor COVID related according to Cronometer, my Lat Flow and PCRs from close family. @DJC3 enjoy the Advent Calendars, Dr Almond didn't have any this year. I couldn't eat a Hotel Choc/Montezumas even at gunpoint. @JohnEGreen hug for being probably too low for you. @DEBBIESCOTT helluva tough lady. You go girl but maybe proceed with caution?:angelic:. @Estragon, real men don't wear slippers - bet you also eat quiche and wear green wellies.:angelic:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Back after a break staying with my brother who I hadnt seen for over two years and who cooked up a storm. Tried to be careful but didnt test. This morning is a shocker though 7.8. My Advent calender is a tea one so that should be ok. Hope you are all well and being good, well better than me. Happy Wednesday All.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got a new pup last Thursday, fasting tests may be a thing of the past for a few weeks ! That said I am sticking with the plan, and cheering you all on from the sidelines. Have a great day folks.
You post deserves a pup pic.

I found a stray magnum ice cream in freezer last night. Needed to make room for all the Christmas meat and poultry, and it would have been a shame to waste it. So I ‘waisted it’ instead. Which is why I have a deserved 7.6 fasting level this morning.

oh and I didn’t enjoy the taste of the ice cream at all..

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Larry on phone 8.1
Reader z7.6
Finetest 5.9
Just a walk with a friend before work this morning, it’s -3 here, but doing gomad (go a mile a day in December, run, swim, cycle or walk)
Have a good day everyone