Choice between Libre 1 and Libre 2

jape

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
As of yesterday, the medical plan (OHIP - similar to the NHS in the UK) here in the Canadian province of Ontario has started covering Libre 2 for insulin dependent diabetics. Any insights from those who used both Libre 1 and Libre 2: Should I switch to Libre 2, or stay with Libre 1? Either does not cost me anything, and I think the price to the government is the same.

SwissT2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One thing I found with Libre 1 is that I could only view the data on my phone app where it's difficult to read the tiny graphs accurately and I couldn't download data or view it anywhere else. Presumably the publicity photos you see of people doing just that are about Libre 2.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Libre 2 provides alarms and extrapolates the data to minimise the effect of the 15 minute ISR and BG readings.
Some people have experienced more accuracy and reliability problems with Libre 2 but I understand the EU and North American versions are different so I do not know if this is relevant for Canada.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve found the libre 1 to be more accurate for me, but we’re all different

cynetique

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
One thing I found with Libre 1 is that I could only view the data on my phone app where it's difficult to read the tiny graphs accurately and I couldn't download data or view it anywhere else.
I use Libre 1 with the little device rather than a phone and I am able to upload and view data online at https://www.libreview.com/

sgm14

I have used both and prefer the Libre2 as I find the alarms very useful. I did not really find any noticeable difference in accuracy, except that the lag on the libre2 seems to be less.

The only downside I have found with the Libre2 is that if I want to use the alarms with my phone (which I do), then I can no longer use the reader as a backup device.