Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm really sorry about your goat, @Antje77

It's been a bit of a rollercoaster week in the Japes' world of education. Trying to help the Libre-wearing students to understand it won't save them from the occasional fingerprick has been high on the agenda as we've been doing a lot of double-checking of sub-4 readings. (Meter readings all been non-hypo figures!) It's also helping one understand the nature of insulin on board and the effect of upping one's step count. (Yes, if you will do 2000 steps immediately after lunch then a 3.2 with a downward arrow within 10 minutes of you returning to the classroom is not a surprise to me. at least, even if you were panic-stricken.)

Mind you, my own rare in-class hypo was a surprise... (Quickly sorted, no students noticed - staff just silently noted I was eating, after I said I was going to sit still for 15 minutes, then correctly assumed I was dealing with it and normal Japes' service would resume as soon as possible.)

I also win the class competition for Guess the Carbs in the Doughnut. (I guessed 30g, the other guesses were wild, from 10g - 150g, the label informed us the actual amount was 31g.)

Reactions: RVW

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I am so sorry @Antje77 . Big Hugs, It's always so rough to lose our pals we treasure so much. The decision when you have to make it, is always really hard to make even when you know it's the best for them. We always miss them so much when they go.

Reactions: RVW

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@Japes I would have guessed higher. My Taro donuts I get I dose for 40 carbs and if there is icing I add on 10-20.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Antje77 so sorry about your goat. Such a tough decision even when we know it's best for them. Sending big hugs xx

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Antje77 sorry about your goat. Even though we know it’s in their best interests it is a difficult decision to make and takes time to get over.

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1638624054931.jpg

Reactions: dmckatana and RVW

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Blizzard conditions were announced for the islands nationwide lol. For mainlanders that caused all sorts of consternation for people, I had one person ask if we were going to get snow at the beach??????? What most just asked was, what did it mean lol?????? It meant one of 3 mountains in the whole state (all on other islands) that is potentially high enough was going to get some snow. The last time that happened was 10 years ago. Meanwhile we stayed at a pleasant 22C (72F).

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have officially started with the full closed-loop system yesterday morning, so far my blood sugars are looking a LOT better. Tested positive on a Lateral Flow Test this morning :( I haven't been feeling overly well so have also gone to have a PCR done. Bloods are in the 9's at the moment which is pretty good to say I'm not very well, I'm just hoping if the PCR comes back positive I won't have too many issues diabetes wise