Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Hey everyone! I've recently been put on a new insulin called Fiasp, I was on NovoRapid before but they thought it would be better to change it to this one as it has a faster onset. Is anyone else on this insulin? And how are you coping with it? Does it work better? How long do I wait till I should notice a difference in my blood glucose levels?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I changed over to Fiasp from Novorapid about 3 years ago (give or take), I find it much better but then I was finding that the Novorapid was very very slow at times and I'd see it kick in at 4-5 hours after taking it so I did need something faster.

For me, it does work much better than Novorapid just because it doesn't take nearly so long to kick in, obviously everyone is different and not everyone gets on with it.

Reactions: No1DeadlyPoison

Hertfordshiremum

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone! I've recently been put on a new insulin called Fiasp, I was on NovoRapid before but they thought it would be better to change it to this one as it has a faster onset. Is anyone else on this insulin? And how are you coping with it? Does it work better? How long do I wait till I should notice a difference in my blood glucose levels?
Hi I am also on Fiasp, have been for about a year. Novorapid was just too slow to kick in for me and I was spiking badly after food. Fiasp suits me much better. Having a Libre is helpful to see exactly how quickly it takes to kicks in for you.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been using Fiasp for 2 or 3 years.
For me it is faster than NovoRapid but ...
- it lasts less time out of the fridge. I find it starts to lose potency after 2 weeks
- the speed at which it works is dependent on my blood sugar. It is instant when my levels are in the 4s and 5s but can take an hour to start if I am in double figures.

Reactions: YogiBear76

No1DeadlyPoison

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People.
Animal Cruelty.
Unnecessary Drama.
Thank you for your comments! I think I have been on Fiasp for about a week and a bit now, my levels have been in double figures since, the only time my level goes normal is when I have had my Levemir at night (which I had upped). I was 7 mmol earlier today, did my insulin had lunch and boom levels have been high since. I am not sure if maybe I have a bug or it could be the Fiasp, I have felt sick since using it. I am also concerned about the side effect of weight gain with this insulin as weight gain is a main thing that tends to happen to me with medication that has it as a side effect. If that makes sense.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
For me the peak action was about 10 minutes faster... I found that taking it about 5 minutes before food was good

But everyone is slightly different try and see how it works for you

Richard F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for your comments! I think I have been on Fiasp for about a week and a bit now, my levels have been in double figures since, the only time my level goes normal is when I have had my Levemir at night (which I had upped). I was 7 mmol earlier today, did my insulin had lunch and boom levels have been high since. I am not sure if maybe I have a bug or it could be the Fiasp, I have felt sick since using it. I am also concerned about the side effect of weight gain with this insulin as weight gain is a main thing that tends to happen to me with medication that has it as a side effect. If that makes sense.

I asked to try Fiasp, and gave up after a week. Like you I found it difficult to control and my levels and unpredictable. Maybe a week wasn't long enough but it made me very uncomfortable.

The clinic I use did warn me it was a bit marmite. Back on humalog now.